Is the XM3k really "extreme"?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Is the XM3k really "extreme"?

For you new owners, I'm not sure if anyone here would try this, but are your XM-3000 Electric Mopeds from X-Treme capable of doing wheelies, stunts, burnouts, etc?

I'm wanting to understand how much raw power these things have.

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: Is the XM3k really "extreme"?

I guess I'd like to know if the electrics can now keep up with gas powered:

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

reikiman
reikiman's picture

I don't get into that kinda riding.. but some in the EV camp do.

On the old V (VisforVoltage.com) Ken Trough had sponsored a couple events he called the anti-gravity rally -- anti-gravity because the event always involved racing uphill over a significant distance. There was two of these events and I have the hemp t-shirts to prove my attendance.

The last of them occurred in April 2004 ..

Scroll down a little ways and you'll find Todd Kollin and Deafscooter both doing burnoffs with their bikes. Extreme wheelies like the video you show weren't done -- and maybe those aren't possible with a vehicle that has a heavy battery pack...?

Since you're asking about the XM-3000... Well, I'm a little confused why you're asking this question because as a seller of these vehicles you should be able to answer the question yourself. I expect though the XM-3000 to be not as extreme as the video you showed, but to be more of a street bike. I haven't seen one of these in person and have no idea how true it is, but the various bikes like this I've looked at were all meant for more average use & performance.

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

Well, I'm a little confused why you're asking this question because as a seller of these vehicles you should be able to answer the question yourself.

And my answer is 'no'. But I'm wondering if 3000 watts is the 'tipping' point for these, or if there are suggestions for modifications. I've been looking at the XM3500 with the lighter lithium batteries and I'm thinking that won't compete with gas scooters either.

A lot of younger people want to see raw horsepower; burning rubber, speed, wild and crazy stunts done on public streets. I think we all may be too old here. :)

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

A lot of younger people want to see raw horsepower; burning rubber, speed, wild and crazy stunts done on public streets. I think we all may be too old here. :)

It's cause we like to do wild and crazy stunts on mopeds. I guess.

I'd give it a shot if someone handed me an XM and a good helmet. I probably won't get hurt too badly...

(I want that last sentence on my tombstone/monolith.)

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

Mik
Mik's picture

I've been looking at the XM3500 with the lighter lithium batteries and I'm thinking that won't compete with gas scooters either.

These little gassers outrun a Vectrix on the first 20-30m, too!

Mr. Mik

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

andys
andys's picture

maybe you are thinking more along these lines?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ev72ppww7Q&feature=related

HalfMooner

The only L33t, xtreme stunt this old codger likes to pull is silently riding past gas stations, especially after a price hike.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

The only L33t, xtreme stunt this old codger likes to pull is silently riding past gas stations, especially after a price hike.

Yee Hah!!! That's my favorite too! I always smile at SUV drivers - they need our sympathies right now... ;-)

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Use code&quot;Solar22&quot; and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage