can someone comment on handling for a REALLY low seat scooter?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
todayican
can someone comment on handling for a REALLY low seat scooter?

I am thinking of whipping together a scooter for fun, with a twist :-)

I have some canopys laying around, and a bunch of steel, and a d&d sepex 72v motor (to use in my diesel electric hybrid)

so here is the idea, build a "deck" that carries 20 12z 17ah sla batteries the batts are 7.2 long, 6.6 high, and 3" wide) arrange them as such:

on row upright in the center 6 batteries, one row on either side of that row on their sides and 4 batteries under the seat so what we end up with is a "v" that is 42.6" long, 16.2" wide and total of 6.6 deep with a "hump towards the rear that is 13" square and 3" high.

assuming 2" of pad and 4" of ground clearance, that puts the seat height at 11.7" off the ground.

Has anyone built anything that low? I am wondering how something like that would handle given the 250lb of batteries below the axle line to counterbalance?

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture
Re: can someone comment on handling for a REALLY low seat scoote

Sounds like several go-karts others have built with great success. All the go-karts I have heard about have a short run time but very fast and fun to drive when they are running.

Grandpa Chas S.

todayican

I probably wasnt clear in the first post, I am suggesting a 2 wheeled scooter with the rider about 11" off the ground. :-)

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

Well, I'm not sure but I think you would have a problem turning your scooter. When I am riding my e-bike (26" bike) I have to lay it way over when taking fast corners.

Grandpa Chas S.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage