Harley Davidson Dealer to Carry Vectrix in Houston... RATS!!!

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
retrodog
retrodog's picture
Harley Davidson Dealer to Carry Vectrix in Houston... RATS!!!

Ok, I'm new here, but I just thought I start with a rant thread. Not really but sorta.

The local Harley Davidson dealership (Stubb's)is currently in negotiations with Vectrix to be the sole source in the Houston, TX area for their motorcycles. Kind of makes me sick to see the newest technology being controlled by these dinosaurs who have a long history of price fixing and ripping people off. I can't understand why Vectrix is going this route.

Anyway, I'm heading to Austin on Saturday (2.5 hrs. away) to test drive a Vectrix. I might also test drive a Chinese Maxi Scooter at RMarting bikes while I'm there.

Oh yeah, and hello to everyone, from Houston. :)

Oh yeah #2, my other bikes are a Honda Valkyrie and a Kawasaki GPZ1100. I'm just wanting to try the electric thing for a change. I've got a Zap Electric Cruizer bicycle and a Go-Ped 750H hoverboard.

Morrison
Re: Harley Davidson Dealer to Carry Vectrix in Houston...

The local Harley Davidson dealership (Stubb's)is currently in negotiations with Vectrix to be the sole source in the Houston, TX area for their motorcycles. Kind of makes me sick to see the newest technology being controlled by these dinosaurs who have a long history of price fixing and ripping people off. I can't understand why Vectrix is going this route.

It doesn't surprise me at all. Harley Davidson is suffering with higher gas prices. That type of purchase is a real luxury. If a dealership can add Vectrix to their mix of products, then they can use that in the same way Toyota uses the Prius. It gets people in the door and they might buy another product while they are there.

From a service standpoint, the Harley dealership will likely have a few techs fully trained on Vectrix service issues. That is a real positive if you live in that area.

Also, if Vectrix (the company) does not make it financially, this encourages me to believe that someone else (like Harley, Honda, Kawasaki, etc) might buy the technology in bankruptcy court and continue. That is often the case where the first company spends all of their money on development, cannot make it financially, then the 2nd company buys it all on the cheap and is successful.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage