Erato

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fenman
Erato

Hi,I'm a complete newby,never 'forum-ed' before but here goes. live in Cambridgshire England,retired got bored, bought a container full of Erato's off Mr Montain Chen,not bored any more.
I've searched the web for this sort of site and was relived to find it.
I did a search for 'Mountain Chen' and was amazed that he featured a lot on these pages sometimes a bit unfairly.
My experience, I ordered 24 'explorer' they took 4 months to arrive indeed at one point I became convinced that I'd been ripped off, however they did arrive just before last Christmas.
The good part,they were very well packed with no damage at all (six not unpacked yet) also was good selection of spare parts but now the downside,there were no spare motors or controllers and even more annoying there was no wiring diagrams or motor/controller test manuals or information. I should point out I'm a pretty good auto wire man but for this sort of gear you need tech manuals or a least I do.
Now realiability,I've sold 14 and I've had to do a couple of small mods on all, an example was that the steel bar that supports the seat box was bolted down on the front battery terminals a disaster waiting and there's a clear pattern, if they run the first 20 miles fault free then they are good for several thousand but I've had to change 3 motors and 4 control boxes which I've had to rob off other machines I'm sure I could repair these but without wiring dia I don't know what to test.
Appeals to Mountain Chen for wiring diagrams resulted in a photo of components laid out on the ground, appeals for for motors and controllers only if I order more bikes.
Would I buy more Erato? only if M Chen is prepared to support his dealers with spares and information, the bikes are pretty good for the money but being left to sort out problems with no help is not on.
Well thats it for now,Regards to you all.Bill Hill.

goodnslo
Re: Erato

Your best bet is give up on customer support from mt chen. Caveat emptor. So since you dont want that to happen to your customers like you got from chen. Look at parts supplied at http://www.electricscooterparts.com/ ,or anywhere else you can get a deal, and try to find some better parts and replace out of pocket for your customers.

chaosuk83

Message edited at the request of Mr Mountain chen
btw my name is Stuart, I work for fenman

Fenman

Thanks for that 'goodnslo' other parts suppliers are what I need,I will get to them to-day, the point about Erato is that it is very close to being a good product for the money, if only Mountain Chen would give a decent 'after sales service' I ride one from March to Wisbech ( 14 miles ) most days and enjoy the ride.
If only Montain Chen would supply manuals and replacement parts I would be happy to order again, has any dealer placed a second order?

ERATO/E-RIDER not to bad but could do a lot better.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• Bengun

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage