Vectrix Satisfaction very simple

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
RaDy
RaDy's picture
Vectrix Satisfaction very simple

Hi i have decided to buy a Vectrix and have been keeping track with the forum and have also test driven the Vectrix 2 times. One for nearly a whole day, which was excellent.(And i really appreciate for that to Vectrix Mataro,Barcelona, Spain).
I owe 3 bikes (Honda Yupy (reliable and economic) ,Gilera 125cc CX (Very rare, not so reliable but beautiful and satisfying in other aspects , and then a very simple Geely electric scooter)
Well the the whole point of the topic is that i want to replace the electric bike and the Yupy for a Vectrix.
But here is where i am stuck. Im concerned about reliability and the personal satisfaction of being ecological, for all other aspects, i have already done my calculations and numbers and the answer is YES.
Now i would like to ask all of you who owe a Vectrix (no matter what all the positive and negative things to it) In Conclusion is it a YES or NO to have the VECTRIX?
Simply say YES or NO and i think i will get a conclusion.
Thankyou very much , and i hope to be an owner very soon.

Rad

AndY1
AndY1's picture
Re: Vectrix Satisfaction very simple

I don't own one yet, but I soon will. Reading the comments here are very positive, except for the last year's (2007) early adopters who had their share of problems.
But Vectrix had those problems sorted out (except Mik's) and people here have a very positive experience with the bike.

DaveD
DaveD's picture

YES. (I own and ride one.)

MattFish

Dude, yes. It's the best two-wheel vehicle I've owned. I'll never go back to gas.

Also, read the other threads on this site. There are many reviews of the Vectrix, most very positive.

rontivo

Yes

MattFish
Early Adopter Addendum

Yes, some early adopters have had troubles, including MLK. But my 2007 model has been totally solid. No problems of any sort after almost a year of riding, coming up on 4000 miles.

MattFIsh

knabo
knabo's picture
Re: Early Adopter Addendum

I am a bit of a noob with only 200 miles in my first week. But I am enjoying every minute of it. Today I took the afternoon of from work to go on a 30 mile ride with my daughter to lunch and a movie. All without spending a dime on gas.

It really is a great feeling.

Took about 2/3 of the battery btw

Luther Burrell, Mesa, Arizona, USA
Rides: ZuumCraft from zuumcraft.com
Previous Rides: Blue Vectrix Maxi scooter

duca
Re: Early Adopter Addendum

YES, period. :)

Vectrix-NH

Yes . I got the first one sold at the flagship store in RI . and I love it, never a problem .

Happy riding , Herb

Morrison

Yes. I have owned mine for a bit more than 2 weeks. 500+ miles so far ridden. My Toyota Prius has only been driven 1 time in the past two weeks, when I need to drive with the family on a trip.

This Vectrix scooter is pure fun to ride. In addition it is very satisfying from the perspective of energy efficiency, low environmental impact and those intangibles. The looks you get from people who recognize that you are electric is satisfying. People are shocked that such great performance is available in an electric maxi-scooter.

The new price of $8,795 is also making this much more realistic for a lot of people. My local dealer has sold 5 this month at $8,795. They only sold 3 in the previous year at the $11,900 price.

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

man id love one cant find one in canada....one dealer in alberta but im here in windsor ontario...i tried contacting the alberta dealer and nothing...come on canada wake up....maybe i should start my own dealership of electric scooters...

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Why not? I'm really thinking about doing it starting next year.

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

lol same problem as ever money...still cant find out if the bigger electric bikes are allowed in canada, no one seems to know...

Oshawaebiker
Oshawaebiker's picture

Wolf as I asked you before have you checked with Transport Canada.
Here is some info
http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/importation/impusae.htm

E-Bike Advocate

Bike: 2008 Volt Canada Dream Ryder

andys
andys's picture

It is great to read of a production fully electric vehicle that seems to be working as claimed. How are these bikes at climbing fairly steep grades? (>15%)

rontivo

No problem on the steep grade. I live up a hill that has a very steep section and one of the things I love with this bike is how it eats up the hill. I'm sure it wreaks havoc on your range, but unless you're talking about a steep grade over miles and miles, it won't be a problem.

-Ron

Mik
Mik's picture

No problem on the steep grade. I live up a hill that has a very steep section and one of the things I love with this bike is how it eats up the hill. I'm sure it wreaks havoc on your range, but unless you're talking about a steep grade over miles and miles, it won't be a problem.

-Ron

This is only true if you are already moving along at some speed.

The current Vectrix severely lacks static thrust. This means that on a steep hill, with a heavy rider or passenger, it is sometimes unable to even take off from a standstill!

Once it has slowly accelerated to about 45km/h it starts to really go well.

Try it out!

Mr. Mik

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Morrison

-Ron

This is only true if you are already moving along at some speed.

The current Vectrix severely lacks static thrust. This means that on a steep hill, with a heavy rider or passenger, it is sometimes unable to even take off from a standstill!

Once it has slowly accelerated to about 45km/h it starts to really go well.

Try it out!

Mr. Mik

I have to disagree. I have a steep hill for about 1/2 mile that I descend and ascend every trip. I don't know the grade degree, but it is steeper than anything I have ever driven on the highway in the mountains, so it must be more than 10 degrees. My Vectrix takes it easy. I do 50 mph easily up it, even with a low battery with only 1 bar remaining. It drastically lowers my estimated range, but I can accelerate from 0 to 50 mph on the hill.

duca

15% is no problem even from standstill with 95kg driver live weight (+ gear to avoid offending public morale and to protect from accidents). Anyway yes, it takes some to gain speed: once over 30kmh howewer, you can climb up a mirror.

Regards

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

hey thanks Oshawaebiker, but talking to the government is always a challenge, sometimes you get a real helpful person who cares , and sometimes you get a real yo yo...lol

thanks i will persue this...

moccasin
moccasin's picture

I have to disagree. I have a steep hill for about 1/2 mile that I descend and ascend every trip. I don't know the grade degree, but it is steeper than anything I have ever driven on the highway in the mountains, so it must be more than 10 degrees. My Vectrix takes it easy. I do 50 mph easily up it, even with a low battery with only 1 bar remaining. It drastically lowers my estimated range, but I can accelerate from 0 to 50 mph on the hill.

Good to know!! Hopefully by now, my new Vectrix is waiting for me to go and fetch it 200 miles away. My biggest concern about the bike is it's ability to climb my 1/2 mile hill (probably not more than 7 degrees) to get home every day. Thanks for the encouragement. Mik is over my head with a lot of his technical info, but I have a lot of respect for his experiences and his knowlege. Good to know that there are others out there NOT having the issues that he has had to deal with, and I sincerely hope that I am one of those, as this will be my entry point to the EV world, and I'd hate for it to be a bad experience!

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Good to know that there are others out there NOT having the issues that he has had to deal with, and I sincerely hope that I am one of those, as this will be my entry point to the EV world, and I'd hate for it to be a bad experience!

Same here. My nearest repair shop will be 350km away.

uplarry

I've only had my Vectrix for a week and I love it. I highly recommend it.

Since I live at the top of a very steep hill, my biggest concern was the ability of the Vectrix to get me home. The hill is about a mile long and the last 1/4 is a 25% grade. The Vectrix was the only electric scooter I tried that could make it up. Not only can it make it up the hill but it can do it easily at the 30 mph speed limit.

I disagree with one of the comments above about not being able to get going after stopping on steep slope. There is a stop sign as I head up my hill so I am forced to stop on a fairly steep part of the hill. Not only can the Vectrix easily get going again, but it will quickly accelerate to the speed limit (and past it if I keep on accelerating).

As you would expect, climbing a hill uses a lot of power. I make sure I have at least three bars before I head up my hill.

--
larry

eyeinthesky
eyeinthesky's picture

YES.....$100 cost in ellectricity, I have travelled 9000 kilomtres on mine, and IF breakdowns accur, as sometimes "shit happens",
the Vectrix team are there ASAP to solve it.
I had one of the earliest scooters, and all problems with software and parts are now solved,
as for the later buyer the scooters they get would be trouble free.
Peter, Tasmania.

eyeinthesky
eyeinthesky's picture

YES.....For the $100, cost in electricity, I have travelled 9000 kilomtres on mine,
and IF breakdowns accur, as sometimes "shit happens",
the Vectrix team are there ASAP to solve it.
I had one of the earliest scooters, and all problems with software and parts are now solved,
as for the later buyer, the scooters they get would be trouble free.
Peter, Tasmania.

Wolfgang

Yes, I recommend a Vectrix unequivocally.

Have so far ridden short of 7000 km without any problems worth mentioning.

Also did a trip up Magdalensberg, 1058 m above sea level, which is a 650 m climb and 25 km one-way from where I live,

S5021540.jpg

and last part of which is at a 16% grade. No challenge at all for this bike!

Rgds
Wolfgang

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Wow! How many battery bars have you had left when you came on top?

Wolfgang

Well, I have to admit I rode with some apprehension at very conservative speeds (60 km/h) up to the hill, and thereby managed to arrive on top of it with half the bars left:

S5021536.jpg
S5021539.jpg

Can't remember how I returned home but must have been 1/4 left. Anyhow it was a great trip with fantastic spring weather.

Wolfgang

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Incredible!

RaDy
RaDy's picture

I think its been very positive uptill now. Thank you all , for your comments, i feel its very good in general although there are some issues that do give bad feelings(Hopefully Vectrix will adress).
Even Mr. Mik mentioned somewhere that he was satisfied with the Vectrix (at least when everything worked) ,and it looks as if in general they work.

Wolfgang.
Very nice pics.
Give the feeling of being able to take risky adventures.

marytee

Wolf3510-- just across the border in metro Detroit (Ypsilanti) is a dealer. I called on Friday because I am interested and they have four Vectrixes in stock.

Jason Dietrich
Tel: 734-484-9993
www.scootaroundtown.com

I don't know what paperwork is required but it might be worth looking into?

marytee

Motoring in the Motor City

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage