Honda mirrors on Z20 - a big improvement

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jstibal
Honda mirrors on Z20 - a big improvement

Just FYI, the mirrors from a Honda Ruckus are an easy swap for the Z20 mirrors, and are a big improvement functionally. Someone on the forum mentioned replacing their mirrors with a pair from a Honda Metropolitan, so when I broke one of my original mirrors I went to the local Honda dealer. They suggested that the Honda Ruckus mirrors would be a better match stylistically (the Metro mirrors are round chrome mirrors, the Ruckus mirrors are a rectangular black mirror) and either would reach out further and give a better view.

Two days and $34 dollars later, they had my mirrors, and they are definitely a big improvement. They provide a much wider field of view behind me (I no longer have to tuck in my arms to see what's behind me), and the mirrors don't move on the pivot at the end of the stem so I don't have to constantly keep readjusting. They use the same M8 (I think) thread, so it took less than 5 minutes to take the old ones off, transfer the lock nuts and rubber shrouds to the new mirrors and get them installed.

Highly recommended.

Jon Stibal

DWrath
Re: Honda mirrors on Z20 - a big improvement
Simpletech

Thanks for the tip. An eGo Cycle 2 mirror will also fit. It's high quality, but round.

I think the original mirrors are made by VIP. The Z-20a is a dead ringer for the VIP Future Champion; it wouldn't surprise me if they were just buying VIP frames and installing an electric powerplant in place of the gas engine.

Duane
Arvada, CO

airdelroy

I simply bent my mirrors so that they are at a 90 degree angle (took them off and put them in my vise). I then tightened the screws in the plastic to make them stay where I set them. This gets me 80% of what I would like from my mirrors. I can now mostly see behind me, enough that Ill probably never get around to putting better mirrors on. :)

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage