I want to be a electric bike or kit dealer

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dave Signartist
Dave Signartist's picture
I want to be a electric bike or kit dealer

I am interested in becoming an e bike dealer. Has anyone out there become a dealer that has some advice and or recomendations? I live in a very hilly area and need products that will work in this environment.
Thanks,
Dave Signartist

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: I want to be a electric bike or kit dealer

As an existing dealer, I've one strong suggestion - open up a physical shop if you can.

Dropshipping is a really rough and drawn-out way of getting started. If I could, I would, but I can't, so I stick with what I know. A lot of people will pfoay a lot more an item from a local business, instead of saving a lot of money through an online store.

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

reikiman
reikiman's picture

I think about this myself - but so far I haven't been able to get over the feeling of burden related to having to stock merchandise, ship it, etc. I do have a "store" on 7gen.com (link below) but it's all affiliate sales.

..that..said.. not everybody feels as I do, and there are people who really want to be in sales & running a shop and dealing with customers etc. And of course the way for EV's to become mainstream is for there to be shops "everywhere" selling them.

As for specific products.. crystalyte motors are known as good hill climbers.

Also I would value a dealer who does a good job of picking accessories that add value to an e-bicycle experience. Those accessories could very well be different than the typical bicycling accessories. For example why put up with those dinky lights bicyclists use when you've got a huge battery pack? My e-bicycles have lights constructed from accessory or marker lights meant for regular cars, for example. And what about a decent horn or turn signals or rear view mirrors. Because an e-bicycle tends to go a bit faster than a regular bicyclist horn/signals/lights/mirrors are more important (in my opinion).

Green City

I'm also opening up an Ebike shop, focusing primarily on scooter-style products (with SLAV batteries). We'll also have a couple aluminum framed bicycles with LiPo4 set ups initially. Right now we're just waiting on a couple locations but we put in a offer last week (fingers crossed). I've been exploring the forums here for a while and appreciate all of the information, and am hoping to be a little more active. I'll try and update on how things are progressing, and if anyone has any advice or info or questions, please let me know. And I know it's been a while since the original post, so Dave how is the dealer situation going?

www.greencitymotors.com

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage