WE SUCTEAM wiring diagram

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
BothellBob
WE SUCTEAM wiring diagram

Having destroyed the controller that came with my Wilderness Energy BD-36 kit, I followed the advice of one of our esteemed group members and ordered the ecrazyman/BD4833/Shenzhen Sucteam controller (48V 800Watt) through eBay (Has anyone talked to these guys and suggested that "SUCTEAM" may not translate particularly well?). While the part took a couple of weeks to arrive, it did arrive well packed. Documentation was nonexistent. The picture on their website offers a labeled color picture and that seems to be all there is. So... has anyone actually wired one of these controllers into their system?

The WE kit had wires:
-From battery to controller - red & black
-From controller to almost the motor - blue & green (and then a plug to the red & black of the motor, with blue plugging to red)
-From the thumb throttle (Red,black,white,blue) plugging into (Red, black, white, orange) coming out of the controller.
The new controller has:
-Red & black to the battery
-Blue & yellow to the motor
-Red, black & blue to the throttle (three wires)
-There are four additional plugs that I presume can be ignored

I am assuming, but don't really know, that these thumb throttles are relatively interchangeable, and not peculiar to WE. I am assuming that in DC circuits, Red is supposed to be positive; and I could make some reasonable leaps of faith; but I would rather not guess how any of these wires are supposed to be connected. If you have done this successfully, please share the benefit of your experience.
Thanks,
-BothellBob

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture
Re: WE SUCTEAM wiring diagram

This is the second time I've heard of Sucteam. It's also the second time I've laughed at it. XD

The new controller's throttle wires are pretty straightforward. Red is always positive. Black is negative, though yellow also seems to be fairly common. That leaves blue as the signal wire.

The throttle's positive and negative leads match the controller's, so no issues there. I've never seen an orange signal wire, so I'm pretty sure that it's the battery level wire (it's got a battery indicator on it, doesn't it?). That leaves the white wire as the signal.

So, for the new throttle and controller, the wiring should be something like:
Red to Red
Black to Black
Blue to White
Orange unused

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage