Ordered my vectrix!

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
undead
Ordered my vectrix!

Ordered last week, hopefully should be arriving in a week or so.

Apparently they are selling very well in the UK at the moment. Hope the trend continues so I can assured that the warranty will remain intact.

Thats to everyone on here for their experiences and problem reports, it has helped make my decision.

nasukaren
nasukaren's picture
Re: Ordered my vectrix!

Congratulations! Send us pix when it arrives!

Karen

Working on a Piaggio Boxer (mo-ped) EV conversion: http://gpsy.com/ev

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Congratulations!

My Vectrix should also be ordered on Monday or Tuesday. I've transferred the money via International Money Transfer to the dealer and he should receive the payment tomorrow or the day after and then it's ordered - bright red one.

It should get delivered on the first week of September, since I'm on holiday the last three weeks of August.

RaDy
RaDy's picture

Congratulations.
Hope you enjoy it and also tell us about your experience.

In my case i am still going to wait for a while at least till september or so to get the 2009 model. I really need whatever extra milage i can get from the Li-Ion.
Im also worried about reliability. I dont care about being stranded a few times a month, the thing is i cant be without it for 15 days till it gets repaired.

Im really looking forward to owing one.

Buzby
Buzby's picture

I don't even think they're considering the battery technology replacement for 2009, that said - they're not going to restart production until the VX1 supplies are out. As for being without your Vectrix, they do appear to offer a loaner for any machine they take in for a service, which is OK in my book!

- Raymond

RaDy
RaDy's picture

As far as i have read, i dont know if anyone has got a loaner while they were repairing or changing their batteries.

I suppose i am not buying it now because of a few points that add up.
1. I really need what ever extra range the li-ion can give. (i did a test drive and it was a tight margin between my needs and the range. What would happen when in a few years the batteries loose some of the capacity?)
2. i hope in the 2009 models, Vectrix has learned of its little mistakes and has solved some of them.
3. The Vectrix Dealership is still not actualy in the city of Barcelona but around 50km away,and is not specifically Vectrix only but Multibrand. I know its not a big thing, this, but it adds up if i wait and they are going to open an official Vectrix in the city (as far as i know).

Believe me, if the range would have been at a little bit more i would have already bought one, no matter what the other points.
Its very cool aesthetically , nice to ride , silent , seems decent cost to maintain and green. I am already convinced.

AndY1
AndY1's picture

My bright red Vectrix is also , now, ordered :D

It will be delivered to me on Sept. 5, after I get back from 3 weeks long vacation.

//www.scooter-infos.com/model_pics/848/main_Vectrix.JPG)

undead

Well contacted the dealer today after not hearing much for a couple of weeks after ordering.

Apparently the bike will be leaving their Poland factory on the 29th of this month, so hopefully wont be too long to wait after that.

Not sure how long it will take to transport one of these things from Poland to the UK? (approx 900 miles)

AndY1
AndY1's picture

1, maybe 2 days?

Buzby
Buzby's picture

It takes a week - but what takes another 3-4 days is registration. They'll need your cover note with the allocated VIN number to get a registration number allocated, plates made up and THEN it is delivered to you or the dealer. So you'll be savew to bet on 2 weeks total from leaving Poland to you sitting on it!

- Raymond

undead

Well thats not so bad I guess.

Have waited this long!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76