Speedometer gauge conversion

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Magendanz
Magendanz's picture
Speedometer gauge conversion

While the LCD portions of the Vectrix instrument panel easily convert between KPH and MPH, I've grown weary of squinting to read the small red MPH markings on the mechanical speedometer gauge. Is anyone aware of a US conversion kit for the mechanical speedometer gauge?

I know this is probably overly optimistic, but could it be as easy as opening the panel and flipping the gauge face behind the needle?

knabo
knabo's picture
Re: Speedometer gauge conversion

I doubt that it is that easy. Since these bikes were originally targeted to the European community, I imagine all the 2007 and probably 2008 models have the same speedo.

Maybe they will update the gauge cluster for 2009. Even then, if you want to upgrade, you will probably have to buy the entire gauge assembly. Most likely not worth the cost to upgrade.

Luther Burrell, Mesa, Arizona, USA
Rides: ZuumCraft from zuumcraft.com
Previous Rides: Blue Vectrix Maxi scooter

Buzby
Buzby's picture

I don't see this happening - for a number of reasons - US Measurements are different from European ones... I don't mean Mile Vs Kilometre, but a mile in the UK is slightly longer than a US mile (while we're on the subject, a US Gallon is less than a UK (Imperial) Gallon, so whilst gallons are of no interest to Vectrix users, having a speedo or LCD showing MPH would require dual scales, simply to address this anomaly alone.

I agree those red markers are practically invisible in sunlight, but as a rule of thumb, I just knock off 10 KPH of the shown speed and this keeps me right. Sure, that becomes less accurate the faster you go but as we're all trying to conserve battery power I don't think that's a problem!

- Raymond

Mik
Mik's picture

Just go metric, you'll never look back!

Mr. Mik

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07

Support V is for Voltage