X-Treme™ XM-3500Li Questions

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
dreamstar

Can the XM-3500Li be charged before the batteries are depleted without harming the batteries?

Mikie

Hey Kids, I just joined this forum and I am looking forward to getting to know you all via the XM-3500Li that we will be
getting in the next few weeks.
I have a Kasea 2000 that I will be selling this weekend here in Seattle via Craigslist. I have enjoyed it. I am a big guy 230lbs and I get about 20 miles per charge and that is with a one medium hill and and some small long hills per journey. This baby loves the flats. I was thinking about
getting rid of the governor so I was researching the old emax logs but could find no reference on how to do it. However I realized that the turbo button on my 2000 works good enough when I need to merge into traffic or on the long hills. It lasts about 2 minutes and really does
a good job getting access to that hidden power in the batteries.
Seattle has some big hills here, (pay attention!) So that is why I have upgraded to the 3500. Also I have Liberty Sidecars as a neighbor across the street and I have been thinking about putting one on--sticking another 20 batteries in it and then having a place for storage and vast increased carrying capacity. I also think a sidecar would add to stability and safety. Would I need to hook that second set up to a separate BMS> What you folks think? I Love Yankee ingenuity, give us a choice and chance and we will make the technology that works for us as well as push the limits of human creativity.
(did I ramble on too long? this is my virgin blog post on the internet--after being online for 13 years, so you know where my real interest is!)
Mikie

mikie

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: X-Treme™ XM-3500Li Questions

Can the XM-3500Li be charged before the batteries are depleted without harming the batteries?

Yes, in fact it is recommended to charge early and charge often.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

PJD
PJD's picture

Yes, in fact it is recommended to charge early and charge often.

The only caveat would be, to run the battery pack down to about 50% discharged before storing the bike for extended periods. The calender (shelf) life of Lithium Ion cells can degrade considerably - up to 20% capacity loss per year - if stored fully charged. But, the annual capacity loss goes down to only a few percent per year if stored at 50% discharged. No one is sure this also occurs with LiFePO4 cells too, but better be to be safe, and storing partly discharged won't hurt the pack. Store in a cool place too.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Thanks PJD - I'd never heard that info before. Do you have any tips on new battery break in? The first batch of XM-3500Li's are arriving next week...

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

22theman

Does anyone here own a XM-3500li? I would like to know what kind of top speed and range they are truly getting.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

The first XM-3500Li's are arriving this week - so you should see some postings then. Other folks who already have a similar bike have an earlier model with different branding.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage