Electric scooter for a 12 yr old

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
suzannem
Electric scooter for a 12 yr old

Can anyone give me some advice on a new electric scooter for my 12-year-old son?We've heard about x-treme scooter but we are a little concerned about ordering something like this on the internet. The one we were considering is the XB-500. Any thoughts on this scooter, or any other ideas, would help put a smile on a 12-year-old's face! Thanks!

AztecFemBone
AztecFemBone's picture
Re: Electric scooter for a 12 yr old

First, check the law in your state because what you're hoping for may be illegal. In California, you must be 16 to operate a motorized scooter (of any kind, sit-down or stand-up).

My current problems with the XB-500 aside, and being the mom of a 12-year-old, I would NOT recommend it for him alone. It's much too heavy. It worked very well for the two of us, with him as my passenger, on the 3 rides we took on it. I hope to have one for trips to and from school someday . . .

nasukaren
nasukaren's picture
Re: Electric scooter for a 12 yr old

Why not get him a toy scooter like the Razor e200 or e300. It'll go around 15 mph and a distance of 4-8 miles or so. I.e., not fast or far enough to get him into a lot of trouble. I just found an e200 and despite it being a "toy" I can say it's a lot of fun! And it'll be legal for him to operate and he won't have to worry about getting pulled over by the cops!

Karen

Working on a Piaggio Boxer (mo-ped) EV conversion: http://gpsy.com/ev

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage