Battery Grounding

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
cdici
Battery Grounding
AttachmentSize
Image icon 3pinhouseport.jpg3.63 KB
Image icon 3porthouseplug.jpg2.71 KB

Hi All! I have a quick couple question. I have a 36v Sunbird scooter and it has a space under the seat and a male three port house plug(like a monitor a/c cord) for an auxillary battery. I have a 36v minimoto battery and a spare 3-pin female house plug to connect to the battery. The center plug is the ground. When connecting this plug to the battery, is it essential I connect the ground to the negative lead? And, Do I need to put a fuse, in-line, on the positive lead? I was thinking of an in-line automotive blade-type fuse, maybe 30A. The motor is like a 350 watt hub motor, will it draw more than 30A? if so, should I go to a 40A fuse? Your thoughts appreciated! Thanks in Advavce!

fabelizer
Re: Battery Grounding

Your controller will control how many amps the motor uses. If it fails in a short (likely) the fuse should blow if it is selected well, to prevent motor coils from burning up. With a hub motor, that is NOT overvolted, 30A should be just fine. Carry an extra fuse, and if it blows on a hill, pedal harder! A 40A fuse maybe too much for a hub motor, but if your controller is rated at 40A, then it is probably appropriate for your system.
-fab

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage