PLEASE HELP, I need to find replacement battery pack for Schwinn ST 1000 scooter

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
jolo
PLEASE HELP, I need to find replacement battery pack for Schwinn ST 1000 scooter

:? Please Help

I badly need a entire replacement set for the OEM battery pack for my son's Schwinn Stealth 1000 scooter. I have had a heck of a time finding something and getting responses.

• Can someone recommend a reliable place where I can get the 36volt set, with cables attached (the bag would be cool too, so my son be "mobile" again)
    [/size][/color]
    [size=14][color=navy]
  • It would be great if I can replace the OEM battery set with a set of superior NON Currie OEM batteries that would work better and longer and be warrantied for more than 90 days.
    [/size][/color]
    [size=14][color=navy]
  • If there us a superior replacement, 48volts would be great, but something easy to put in, I would be VERY open to it.
    [/size][/color]
    [size=14][color=navy]
  • We do live in a high altitude in Colorado Springs (over 6,000 feet elevation, and it is rare to see a flat street. There all of the voltage would be appreciated as there would be a tendency to push the batteries harder, than if at sea level
    [/size][/color]
    [size=14][color=navy]
  • An additional and better charger would be great as well. Is it true about charing them one at a time, rather than all three at a time will give better performance? Whatever you would recommend[/size][/color]

I would greatly appreciate as quick a response as possible. I can tell you that we just had a real bad experience with monsterscooterparts, which I won't get into.
You can email directly if you would like at badSPAMblues [at] comcast.net ----> just take out the SPAM and that is my direct email

Thanks,
Jon :) :)

JDELUNA
Re: PLEASE HELP, I need to find replacement battery pack for

Hope this helps. God Bless :)

http://www.thesuperkids.com/scba.html

jolo

Thanks so much for the link !!

Have you used Superkids ??

]I see that they sell the battery pack for the Schwinn ST1000 scooter, but do you know if they are just reselling the OEM pack or from a idifferent source ??

Thanks,

Jon

jolo

JDELUNA ,

Thanks again for the link to Superkids.
I sent them a email asking a couple of questions about eh battery pack for the Schwinn ST1000 that they sell.
One was if they were just reselling the OEM battery and the other was what their warranty was.

I did receive a reply from their sales department, where the only question that was answer was about their warranty.
Here is is, from a direct copy and paste: 30 days warranty, and in stock tomorrow!

I don't know if you or anyone reading this has purchased from "Superkids", but a 30 day warranty on the scooter battery
I feel is extremely low. Even Currie/Schwinn has what I consider a short 90 warranty on the Schwinn ST1000 when purchased new and
included is the battery.

JDELUNA,
Thank you do much for taking the time and finding a replacement for the OEM battery, but I personally don't feel comfortable
with ordering from "Superkids" due to their warranty and return policies. In fact, if I would have purchased the Schwinn/Currie
scooter from "TheSuperkids" they would only accept any type of returns on it, if it was totally unused.
http://www.thesuperkids.com/rewain.html ----> Link to "Thesuperkids" return and warranty policies.
This is informational for all.

I think we all need to be cautious and check things like return policies, damaged goods policies and warranties before purchasing, especially with mail order/Internet purchasing.

Jon

JDELUNA

I have purchased something from SuperKids last year and did not have a problem, though I never returned anything. I highly doubt you will find any place that will warranty batteries for so long. Depending on where you live, you may have a BATTERIES PLUS in your area, they usually have the batteries that you need or can order it, plus they can wire up the pack for you to be like the original. I hope this helps. God Bless :)

jolo

I do have a Batteries plus locally. I never thought about them.

That is great that you have had successful order fulfillments with Superkids.

I am sure that orders will be filled successfully from them, an overwhelming majority of the time.

BUT .....I do a lot of web ordering and have done a lot of ordering professionally and I like to check beforehand
what happens in case of a problem. I have always felt that a customer never really finds out about a company or store that
they are buying from until something doesn't go perfectly. It doesn't mean that there is fault in the matter, but there is
accountability and responsibility. Problems seem to occur more frequently with appliances, computer parts and anything electric. Quality control
from large manufacturers if pretty much a low priority.
With most manufacturing being off shored to mainland China having something delivered "DOA", occurs more than it used to.

I don't want to spend the time trying to chase down customer support and running through a bunch of hoops in case of receiving
something that might be damaged by the manufacturer or the shipper, or something that never worked at all.

Jon

cdici

IMHO, most SLA batteries are about the same unless u spend big $$$ and are consumable so get the best deal you can. Don't be worried so much about warranties, I find that MOST defects will usually show up within the warranty time frame(even short ones). After that you have a limited number of charges and then it's done. I have gotten great deals on Ebay. Much, much cheaper than my local Batteries Plus! You cannot just stick higher voltage(48v) batteries on it as this will fry your controller or extremely shorthen its life. You can, however, get the most capacity (Amp hours)that you can. This determines how long the device will run on a single charge. I think that 15ah would prolly be about the most (weight-wise)you would want to go up to because the weight goes up as capacity does. FYI, don't deeply discharge SLA bats(run device until it completely stops dead) and put on charger immediately after use(if not sooner, lol!) Hope this helps, GL!

jolo

IMHO, most SLA batteries are about the same unless u spend big $$$ and are consumable so get the best deal you can. Don't be worried so much about warranties, I find that MOST defects will usually show up within the warranty time frame(even short ones). After that you have a limited number of charges and then it's done. I have gotten great deals on Ebay. Much, much cheaper than my local Batteries Plus! You cannot just stick higher voltage(48v) batteries on it as this will fry your controller or extremely shorthen its life. You can, however, get the most capacity (Amp hours)that you can. This determines how long the device will run on a single charge. I think that 15ah would prolly be about the most (weight-wise)you would want to go up to because the weight goes up as capacity does. FYI, don't deeply discharge SLA bats(run device until it completely stops dead) and put on charger immediately after use(if not sooner, lol!) Hope this helps, GL!

Cdici,
Thanks very much !!
Here is something I have found.
I wonder if I need a new Controller to make any changes to allow something different than the OEM batteries that come with the Stealth 1000.
If my son could have gotten a year, or anything close to a year out of them, I would have been happy.

I wonder if the 12Amp would be a problem.

cdici

Grasshopper, you not listen well! Seek out the one called Ebay! (lol!)

ebay item NEW BATTERY For APC RBC 4 RBC4 12V 12AH

3-12v/12ah batteries delivered to your door for $79.70!! One year VIP warranty! (vs. $104.99 PLUS shipping!)

As far as the wiring, just wire the new batteries as the old ones are. Make drawings or use masking tape with numbers if you need to. The spade connectors prolly slide off the old terminals and onto the new terminals allowing you to re-use the wires, if not, buy the wire kit you had a link to. Basically, you're connecting all three bats in a string (not circle!),end to end, positive to negative. One end of the "string" will be positive, the other end negative, those are the leads that you connect to the device.

Skip the new controller idea, it prolly costs like $100 just for a 48v controller, necessitate carrying a forth battery, and require the removal of the old controller which could be a big job if it is integrated into the motor(requiring you to get a new motor too) You are also not at a skill level required for such an undertaking, no offense! GL again!

cdici

One more thing. Explaining amp hrs. Not the same as amps (by itself), you would not be gaining "6 additional Amps", lol. Let me use a silly example to explain. Say farmer brown has a three-horse team that can trot for 10 miles before resting. Suppose he trades them in for another three-horse team that can trot for 12 miles. The new team cannot go 6(3 x 2 =)more miles that the first team, right? Simple math tells you that 12 is 20% more than 10, correct? A 12ah battery should go 20% more than a 10ah battery. Hope I'm not too long winded here, trying to help.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage