EEStor Confirms Progress Towards Commercialization of Game Changing Battery Technology

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
PetroZero
PetroZero's picture
EEStor Confirms Progress Towards Commercialization of Game Changing Battery Technology

Thought you guys might be interested in this story...

Texas based EEStor has just announced a major milestone in the development of their super capacity battery technology. The EEStor technology promises to revolutionize energy storage in everything from stored energy of large format wind and solar installations to electric car transport. The companies claims, most almost too incredible to be believed, could completely change the future of transportation almost overnight.

Full story...

dogman
dogman's picture
Re: EEStor Confirms Changing Battery Technology

This technology is what the electric car is waiting for. Unless they end up being cheap, and I won't hold my breath on that, they will be great for use in cars so that less expensive lithium can be used but the capacitor can supply bursts of high power without damaging the lithium. Just what plug in hybrids need, and pure e cars also, so a stop light acceleration up a hill doesn't mean the motor has to turn on, or the battery get stressed.
If they end up being cheaper than lithium, Imagine the possibilities of an ebike that can charge in five minuites on 110 power. Sweet! A five minuite break every hour of riding would be a minimum for me anyway.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

PetroZero
PetroZero's picture

dogman, I could not agree more. This technology holds the promise to be a disruptive game changer. It could herald a new era in transport and energy storage that we had not expected this soon.

However, until they have a working prototype, nothing is certain.

This, along with promise held by Chevy Volt, could make history look back on 2008 as a significant turning point in our displacement of petroleum (that said, it will not be until 2010-2012 until these breakthrough technologies actually have potential to reach the market).

No question, we are living in interesting times...

~ scott
My Blog: <a href="http://www.petrozero.org">PetroZero.org</a>
My Bike: 2007 Lashout Electric Scooter (12mph/12miles)
Considering: xm-3500Li

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Thanks for the info - I've been waiting to see if EEStor pulls it off. I haven't read the article yet - I really hope this means they've succeeded. This would be AWESOME NEWS (personally I think the Chevy Volt is just a PR job by GM).

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Hmmm, it actually sounds like slow progress actually. http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/07/30/eestor-makes-production-milestone-announcement/

They're still making announcements regarding the purity of the source compounds used. No actual energy storage cell yet...

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

PetroZero
PetroZero's picture

Awe John, don't rain on our joy parade... (Just kidding..) You are right to be cautious and as I said above in my post, we need to see a working prototype before we get too terribly excited...

They are making progress (yes slow) it would appear, but they are so secretive that any news (positive or otherwise) coming out of that project is news.

~ scott
My Blog: <a href="http://www.petrozero.org">PetroZero.org</a>
My Bike: 2007 Lashout Electric Scooter (12mph/12miles)
Considering: xm-3500Li

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage