Stop-start acceleration, similar to gear changing.

1 post / 0 new
JamieT
Stop-start acceleration, similar to gear changing.

I have a DAYMAK Austin, which I've read here is essentially the same as an XB-500. This bike has a 500w motor, powered by 4x 20-amp 12-volt batteries in series, making a total of 48-volts, 20-amps. I have 2 battery packs.

I have been riding the bike on my 10 mile (round trip) commute for about 4 weeks, and in the last week have noticed a sort of "gear-shifting" effect while accelerating. Usually the batteries are showing about 3/4 charge or a little lower before this starts to happen. Today, after riding for an hour on level ground, I experienced this effect, so I switched to my second battery pack (fully charged). The "stop-start acceleration continues to happen now, even if the bike is given a fully charged, fresh battery. I charged my batteries fully after returning home, but when I set out again this evening, the same problem occurred almost immediately.

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening? If the voltage is dropping due to a depleted battery, shouldn't a new, fresh battery pack solve the problem? Is it possible my controller is overheating or something like that? It seems when I had this problem before (earlier this week), a night of rest and a full charge seemed to solve the problem.

Thanks for any and all feedback. I hope i've explained my problem fully!

JamieT

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage