Speed limiter

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Magendanz
Magendanz's picture
Speed limiter

Does anyone know how to adjust the speed limiter?

Um...I noticed that mine is set a little too high (64 mph) and I thought it might be prudent to reduce it to the 62 mph design limit to avoid damage. ;)

knabo
knabo's picture
Re: Speed limiter

I am not thinking this is user adjustable. Most likely set in software. On my other ecycle, the limiter is set with software in the motor controller as well as the throttle response curve, etc.

Luther Burrell, Mesa, Arizona, USA
Rides: ZuumCraft from zuumcraft.com
Previous Rides: Blue Vectrix Maxi scooter

rgx

I wouldn't worry to much about it either, mine also tops out at about 103-104 km/h on the speedometer, which is probably very close to 100 km/h actual speed. And I think the limit is not there primarily to conserve the hardware but rather the range.

As a sidenote I read in a review that the Vectrix would do 140 km/h without the restriction.

Magendanz
Magendanz's picture

I read in a review that the Vectrix would do 140 km/h without the restriction.

And this doesn't peak your curiosity about how to tweak the setting?

As an engineer, I understand that motors have design peak RPM limits and sustained RPM limits (which are more often a factor of the cooling load). I'm sure that Vectrix sets the speed limit to the max sustainable RPM under the worst-case cooling conditions. Exceeding that limit for short intervals is probably quite safe, particularly when the weather is cool. Personally, I'd like to have the option to smartly pass a car going 60mph without crawling past them on the limiter.

I also understand that the electric motor generates its peak torque at start and that a current limiter is used to prevent spinning your tires from an overthrottle when accelerating off the line. If this current limiter is also set in software, I'd love to experiment with it a bit.

Of course, any tweaking on my part will likely wait until after my warrantee expires, but that doesn't make me any less curious. I guess it's all that overclocking I'm used to doing with my PC motherboards.

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Hehe, another overclocker :-)

I also overclock my FSB, multiplier, RAM, CPU, GPU Core, GPU Memory.

Hermes

An "unlocked" Vectrix and used at 140kms ph would give you a range of about 10 miles...
with current battery I wouldn't bother.......

Morrison

An "unlocked" Vectrix and used at 140kms ph would give you a range of about 10 miles...
with current battery I wouldn't bother.......

I rarely ever use the full 63 mph. However, when I am on the highway at full speed, there have been times for safety that an extra 10 mph, in brief acceleration of speed, would have helped. There are certain passing situations where I would use it if it were available.

Mik
Mik's picture

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage