deep discharge

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
cdragut
cdragut's picture
deep discharge

when can you tell you have performed a "deep discharge"?
it seems that zero range, zero bars is not enough if the scoot can still run (even if painfully slow)...

AndY1
AndY1's picture
Re: deep discharge

I guess when you're on a flat terrain, with throttle fully opened and not moving at all anymore, then you've done a deep discharge.

Morrison

I guess when you're on a flat terrain, with throttle fully opened and not moving at all anymore, then you've done a deep discharge.

I have heard that is bad for batteries to go 100% to empty. Is that other types of battery chemistry? Is the NiMH battery fine with going 100% to empty?

AndY1
AndY1's picture

NiMH must not go below 1V/cell. I've read post from the users here, that the Vectrix' cut-off voltage is 108V, which is above the lowest voltage. In any case, Vectrix must have a protection logic to completely turn-off in case of 1V/cell in case that someone parks the bike and lets lights turned on.

moccasin
moccasin's picture

in case that someone parks the bike and lets lights turned on.

Wouldn't that be the easiest way to do a deep discharge? Just finish up a long day on a low battery then just leave the key on? Would that burn up the controller?

I'd much rather let the headlight run mine down in the driveway on a weekend, then charge it up Sunday night, than to have to push the thing up my hill.

Mik
Mik's picture

NiMH must not go below 1V/cell. I've read post from the users here, that the Vectrix' cut-off voltage is 108V, which is above the lowest voltage. In any case, Vectrix must (bolding by Mr. Mik) have a protection logic to completely turn-off in case of 1V/cell in case that someone parks the bike and lets lights turned on.

Should have, and hopefully does have...

But it is not certain if it has a low voltage cutoff for the DC/DC converter.

It could be very expensive to leave your lights on for too long...

Here is how I did it, it might be better or worse than the "leaving the lamp on" approach:

As I wrote earlier: All this should be done before delivery/hand-over to the buyer, but hey, it's about solutions for the Real World. Be careful.

Mr. Mik

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage