Lawrence just sent this to the SFEVA mailing list, so I'll repost it here
"A freeway capable commuter vehicle with all the latest electric technology"
The first affordable car was called the "Cyclecar" from 1910. Wikipedia Cyclecar
This new CycleCar strives for the same place in history by provided the first affordable electric commuter with plenty of performance and range.
- Seats two passengers side by side.
- 10 gallon trunk capacity with inside light.
- Front/Rear independent hydraulic shock absorbers.
- Front/Rear hydraulic disc brakes.
- Windshield wipers.
- 97" length, 74" wheelbase, 56" width, 55" height.
- Two tone upholstery seats - Automatic rectractable seat belts.
- Electric Accessories: 12 Volt Socket, Parking Light, Inside Cabin Light
- 2 tone painting. Standard colors red, white, blue, yellow. Black top and underside.
- Security glass sunroof.
- Three wheeled vehicle registers and insures as a motorcycle. Less than half the insurance of a car.
- The latest AC motor technology.
- 74-80 volts 500A max (almost 50 hp)
- Regeneration (adjustable). Almost never need to use your actual brakes! Adds safety, efficiency, and reduces brake pad wear.
- 74V 100Ah of Third Generation Lithium Batteries with 2000 charge cycles. (Other sizes and battery types available.)
- Under 600lbs including 200lbs Lithium batteries.
- Top speed: 70 mph (110 kph)
- Price: $16,000 for 40-60 miles range (74V 100Ah)
- Price: $19,000 for 80-100 miles range (same vehicle, more batteries)
All But Freeway Model:
- Brushed Permanent Magnet Motor
- 72 volts 150A. 8 continuous -- 18 peak hp
- Top speed: 45 mph
- Price: $10,000
- Enclosure on the side windows.
- Efficient electric heating.
- Custom fit car cover.
Electro Ride LLC (Brian Howell) offers this vehicle, 650-222-0378, Belmont, CA, 94002-3463, brian.howell [at] comcast.net, http://www.electric-bikes.com/betterbikes/wheretobuy.html
The prototype vehicle is back in the Bay Area after being displayed at the Alt-Fuel Expo show in Marin. http://www.marinfair.org/alt_car_expo.cfm
If you are in the Bay Area, stop in for a test drive. Please call ahead for an appointment.
CycleCar will be introduced this fall (2008).
Electro Ride LLC is taking orders now.
A $5000 deposit reserves the vehicle.