Electronic Ignition Contoller for Hydrogen Powered ICE Car

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
SPARKY
SPARKY's picture
Electronic Ignition Contoller for Hydrogen Powered ICE Car

Electronic Ignition Contoller for Hydrogen ICE Car.
LOOKING FOR
I would like to find a variable timing unit for spark advance for using Hydrogen as a fuel. It likes 0 degrees top dead center timing, and gas at 17 before top dead center. So I wand to switch between them. A 7% addition of Hydrogen to the combustion event characterizes it as a Hydrogen combustion event. Hydrogen is a good fuel as it actually cleans the air. In other words, the Exhaust is Cleaner Than the Intake Air.
Can I pick one up at Walmart?

dogman
dogman's picture
Re: Electronic Ignition Contoller for Hydrogen Powered ICE Car

My wallmart barely has windshield washer fluid that fits.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

Fourcycle
Fourcycle's picture

What engine is this going on and how is it currently timed? (Breaker points or electronic.)

Good luck finding one at Wally World ;o)

If your only tool is a hammer
everything looks like a nail.

antiscab

would not any mod computer be able to do what you describe? (assuming you already have an engine with variable electronic ignition)

you will also need to find a way to prevent the steel brittlisation that hydrogen causes (or accept reduced service life of any steel component that comes in contact with the hydrogen)

in what way does hydrogen "clean" the air?

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Iccarus
Iccarus's picture

I have heard that nickle plating can solve the steel problem. Also the hydrogen doesn't clean the air it causes the fuel to combust more completely.. A friend of mine had his lawnmower running on a mixture of alcohol and water that was heated to a vapor by the exhaust gas and browns gas which is a hydrogen/oxygen mix made through electrolysis.(you had to warm it up on regular gas then switch over to the mixture) It had no power you couldn't mow with it but it ran pretty good. There are a lot of exaggerated claims about this technology but it seems worth continuing to look into.

2008 XM3500li Mods/Kelly KBL12251/84v 28cell 40AH pack/ Variable regen brake trigger on left brake handle/Givi/Cycle Analyst/Homemade BMS

KMX Typhoon Home build (recumbent pedelec) with two Astro Brushless 3220motors/twin castle Phoenix ICEHV 160/ Cycl

Fourcycle
Fourcycle's picture

They say air comes out cleaner that it went in because many "pollutants" that come in with the air are burnt in the combustion process.

For timing at TDC and 17° BTDC, glue a couple of small magnets to the flywheel, one for each position, and sense them with a couple of Hall sensors. Connect whichever one you want to use to the trigger input of your ignition system with a SPDT switch.

If your only tool is a hammer
everything looks like a nail.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage