Turn Signal noise XB-700Li

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
benmart
Turn Signal noise XB-700Li

I took a look at the source of the dreaded turn-signal beeper and unfortunately it shares the same horn/speaker assembly as the regular warning horn.

If look under the fender, up into the bowels of the beast, you will see a round speaker hanging from a white, nylon tie. That is the source of the irritation. You can disconnect it, but then you loose your ability to honk at the cell-phone chatterers as they cut in front of you or the car out of a driveway that doesn't see a solid object on wheels with an adult carbon-unit driving it.

Maybe some re-wiring help from anyone with a bit more electrical knowledge under their belts? Oh, it might be worth a look-see if you take off the speed-o-meter dash assembly. That way you can look down behind the head-light assemblies and seat the black, rubber cups meant to keep moisture off of the wiring. None were seated on my bike.

I also took off my pedals as they dragged when I leaned going around the corners and stowed them in the "trunk". Several police drove past me yesterday and today and a motorcycle officer looked looked at me as if trying to figure out what I am and where in the vehicle code I belong. LOL.

There is definitely a quality control problem with the bikes, but none-the-less so far I am happy with it. Again, you get what you pay for but I don't think the Chinese manufacturers of this bike see the wisdom in putting it together correctly and completely.

onemanprotest
Re: Turn Signal noise XB-700Li

For the record, I love the ear piercing sound of the turn signals. I have no problem sitting at a stop light with the blinker on and the speakers screaming "look at me, fear me, I'm about to make a turn on my pure electric vehicle and you should all watch."

I'm still looking for a "loud pipes save lives" sticker for my helmet, too.

benmart

I put the bike up on sturdy wooden box and got under the fender well to cut loose the nylon zip-tie that the horn hangs from. Then I opened the dash glove box and disengaged the plastic hinge on the right side as you are sitting on the bike. It jiggles out easily.

Then back under the fender, unclip the two nylon connectors that join the horn to the wiring harness and remove the horn. Then poke the nylon corrector still attached to the wiring harness through the hole left by the glove box hinge which you disconnected ealier.

Since you now have the horn in your hand, this gives you a chance to experiment with which wire (blue, red, brown, green, yellow) controls the electricty to the horn and the dreaded turn-signal beeping.

To remove a wire from the nylon connector, insert a jewelers screw-driver into the pin-end and gently push on the flange at the bottom of the well with the screw-driver. At the same time gently pulling the correspnding wire for that pin and it slides out of the connector.

It appears that which ever combination I tried, the most "success" I got was silencing the horn completely which I DON'T WANT.

If any posters can help out, I would much appreciate it. My next consideration is taking apart the handle-bar assembly on the turn-signal side to see what color wires are coming from the turn signal itself. Then maybe it will give a clue as to which wires to remove, switch or leave alone?

Ben - Modesto

benmart

OMP, you do have a point. I do enjoy rolling up to the right of the SUVs, High-Rise Monster trucks, mini-house-buses and assorted gas-belchers with my turn-signal wailing to the tune of "I'm small, I'm green and I'm turning right". Most of those at the light roared past me earlier while talking on the cell-phone and oblivious that the light was red ahead. Maybe I'll just leave the signal noise alone and enjoy the stares.

Ben - Modesto

Laurie

For the record, I love the ear piercing sound of the turn signals. I have no problem sitting at a stop light with the blinker on and the speakers screaming "look at me, fear me, I'm about to make a turn on my pure electric vehicle and you should all watch."

I'm still looking for a "loud pipes save lives" sticker for my helmet, too.

LOL - agreed! But then again, I wear hearing aids that I can turn OFF while scooting ;)

I use hand signals when I don't want to disturb the neighborhood. But indeed, there are times that I just grin from ear-to-ear when turning - and a lot of heads DO turn to watch. As far as I know, we have the only EVs around these parts.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage