Just joined the other day after reading a CNN article on electric bikes. Am so happy there are people here with experience & knowledge.
Am going to start saving $1000(US) to get either a XB-600 or another 48V bike. Would any 48V bike serve me well for the following reasons:
1. Rider weight around 275-300 Lbs
2. 110 degree F+ weather during April through September
3. Moderately flat roads with some low hills (mainly inclines)
4. Commute from 16-25 miles a day
5. Needing to work nights & days
6. Convoluted Arizona laws on what constitutes a bicycle & a motorized bicycle/motorcycle
7. Would be riding into Nevada...which clearly states what they consider the XB-600 to be
8. If I were to move to a colder climate...how would the batteries handle this
9. Ability to connect a solar panel & what size in my yard to recharge the battery
10. Would a gas vehicle be better for me
11. Would any of the conversion kits for current non-EV bikes work for me
Anything you can suggest would be helpful.