Speedo errors

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
rdudley
Speedo errors

The Speedometer on my EVT trike seems to be about 18-20% off in that it always reads higher than actual speed.

I have also seen the several of the Xtreme bikes have speedometer issues. My question is why is it that all of the speedometers seem to be so far off. It doesn't seem to be a cost issue since for about $20-30 you can get an accurate bicycle speedometer at many stores.

I guess if you consider darker motives you could believe that the speedo/odo are all off in order to be able to advertise faster top speeds and longer ranges than reality, but I don't think that is really the case.

So...what does everybody think is the reason for really uncalibrated speedo/odo in these bikes?

Rick

dogman
dogman's picture
Re: Speedo errors

Tire sises affect speedo's but maybe yours can't be, or it costs money to calibrate it.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: Speedo errors

I think it's a bit of two things: (1) getting a speedo that's meant for different sized tires & (2) thinking that displaying a higher top speed is somehow a good idea so not rushing to fix it...

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage