Centre Stands (Lack of)

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Buzby
Buzby's picture
Centre Stands (Lack of)

Can anyone in the EU with a VX1 confirm whether it came with a centre stand?

I realise it is promoted as an 'optional extra' and with grandkids around (and the odd steep street) I wanted the ability to securely park it when required. On delivery I was told it had been overlooked, and woul be delivered 'soon'. When soon came and went I chased them, only to be told it is going through 'approvals' and this coult take until October before they become generally available.

Anyone got any ideas as to what's going on? If they were building the VX1 from the ground up, I would have thought the stand would have had its issues dorted out at an early stage!

pyjohnson
Re: Centre Stands (Lack of)

Can anyone in the EU with a VX1 confirm whether it came with a centre stand?

Hi Raymond, I can confirm the centre stand came with my bike, I just asked for the option when I ordered it

Can't imagine why they are not available, sounds like they are just fobbing you off

Regards,
Peter

-----------------------------------------------------------
Central Scotland

rgx

Mine doesn't have the centre stand either, but I'm getting used to the side stand. Works fine.

Vectrix has a brief note about the centre stand in a "regulatory announcement" from 2008-06-30

"To broaden the appeal of our product, Vectrix is completing the design, testing
and homologation of optional features which include a sport windscreen, mirror
extensions, narrower seat and center stand. In addition, we are preparing an
expanded line up of products for Model Year 2009."

theBaron

Hey Buzby,

I have had the same issue in attempting to order a centre stand in Australia. Despite the fact that the centre stand is quite clearly listed as an option for the bike, it seems that they have had an extremely limited distribution to date.

I have been following up on a regular basis with our local dealer & he too has told me that the centre stand has indeed been going through approvals with the American office, but it appears that this approval process has been overtaken (put aside) in their desire to achieve approval for their three-wheeled model - thus the delay.

October is also when my dealer has advised that these stands will become freely available, so we will just have to patiently await this target date!

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Thanks all. It appears that there has been some sort of a design change, and I'd be interested to know why as the centre stand is simply a piece of bent metal, why it could not have remained in production until the 'new' model saw the light of day!

I hadn't heard about the screen/seat changes - these would appear to be minor tinkering to create a 'new' model in much the same way the car manufacturers do. Regards the W3, I really do like the look of this, and as I've used one (the Piaggio MP3 is the base vehicle) I got used to the stares as it was the most stable ride I have had anywhere. In and around Glasgow the state of the public roads is lamentable, and the twin front wheels takes out much of the pain....

- Raymond

Mik
Mik's picture

I've been asking for a centre stand since Dec, 2007. No such luck, and no explanations given, they just always forgot to mention it until I asked again!

Mr. Mik

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Vectrix-NH

Regards the W3, I really do like the look of this, and as I've used one (the Piaggio MP3 is the base vehicle)

Vectrix and Piaggio have a joint pat. on the 3 wheeler. they designed it togather.

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Are you sure it was jointly developed? Back in 2005 I first researched the Piaggio MP3 and they seemed to hold all the patents on the cantilever system for the front wheel - of course back then I'd never hear of Vectrix! The MP3 came out as a 125, 250 and the promise of a 400cc version, so Vectrix may be hard pushed to take the credit for the design.

I also recall some guy in Vectrix Inc saying that they spoke with many scooter manufacturers to possibly join forces but these ultimately failed, saying that in essence these were ENGINE manufacturers, building a machine round the engine they'd designed or selected. Vectrix coming to them saying - 'Hey, we can put an electric motor and a battery in' wasn't getting universal acceptance... especially in Italy! g

- Raymond

Vectrix-NH

Could be , but The Vectrix Did not come to produtuon as just Vectrix. as You know your Certificate of origin is
Wolfgang gohl vectrix . Vectrix try to pitch it to others . But in the end Others invested in Vectrix. they raised the capital and took it to prodution. they are invested in the batterys and the feul cell to name a few .It not Just the Motorcycle.

This was about Center stand . Sorry about that

I would like to get a center stand too. Let use know when anyone gets one.

Happy riding . Herb

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage