I recieved my xb-600 today

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tesla
I recieved my xb-600 today

I finally got a chance to pick up the xb-600 from R and L carriers today. The box was double packaged so there was no damage whatsoever. I do have one question though that concerns me. With the front wheel, when putting on the wheel. What way are the parts assembled in?

A paraphrased diagram would be as such:

nut|fork|spacer|wheel --> brake shoe (black rubber spacer inside shoe)|spacer|fork|axle

would this be how the bike's front wheel assembled.

As far as I'm aware I wasn't sure how or where the rubber spacer was supposed to go. I also didn't receive the small spacer on the left side of the wheel from the driver's side. Recommendations?

Tesla
Re: I recieved my xb-600 today

This question is out of response to what JamesS said in my earlier post. As my bike is already assembled I can probably add in the washer tomorrow so as to avoid whatever damage may have been caused in riding today.

If it can't be done then you just haven't tried hard enough.

JamesS
JamesS's picture

Tesla,

I don't think any harm will come from not puting the black washer in for 1 day, but if you don't have the small spacer on the brake side of the axle then I think riding it would be dangerous at best.

img247_0.jpg
And yes your text diagam is correct.

Happy (safe) scooting,
JamesS

Happy scooting,
JamesS

JamesS
JamesS's picture

Oh and by the way, glad it arrived in good shape. A year ago they were not double boxed and mine came smashed to *$%@. Took almost 2 months for replacement parts. Front fairing, head light assembly, both fenders, lower left side. OH well, it's all good now.

Again happy scooting
JamesS

Happy scooting,
JamesS

Dolce

I also got a new XB 600 last friday, and it was also missing the small spacer. I have to contact X-Treme's tech support to request the missing smaller spacer. I think the factory had really poor quality control, as they don't use spacers for the smaller XB 500 models, and some employee just got sloppy building the XB 600. It's very frustrating to wait 1 whole week for delivery and then have to wait another week for a tiny missing part before I can ride my bike.

JamesS
JamesS's picture

Dolce,
Sorry to hear you have a spacer missing. I measured the small spacer and it is 9/32 in length. You have the long one to use for diamiter, so a trip to the hardware store might be an alternitive to waiting a week for the part. Heck 4~6 stacked washers might get you by untill the part comes in.
Just a thought.

I would say happy scooting, but in this case, Good luck and Welcome.
JamesS

Happy scooting,
JamesS

Dolce

Thanks JameS for the information, that was very helpful. The tiny blurry photo that came with the assembly instructions were no help in figuring out what the small spacer's size needs to be. I am normally the type of person that would improvise when a situation comes up, but since I have waited 4 days already, I'll wait another day to see if the spacer shows up in the mail, if not, I'm heading over to the hardware store. I'm using all the waiting time to read this wonderful forum to learn as much from you gurus as possible, and also refresh myself in motorcycle/scooter riding safety info.

Does anybody have a good helmet to recommend to go with the XB 600? My regular bicycle helmet doesn't seem like it will offer enough protection, and getting a full face covering motocycle helmet seems like overkill? What other safety gears do most scooter riders wear? leather jacket, boots, knee and elbow pads, goggles?

-Dolce

win32forth
win32forth's picture

Does anybody have a good helmet to recommend to go with the XB 600? My regular bicycle helmet doesn't seem like it will offer enough protection, and getting a full face covering motocycle helmet seems like overkill? What other safety gears do most scooter riders wear? leather jacket, boots, knee and elbow pads, goggles?

-Dolce

I found a chrome half helmet at one of the many motorcycle events I have gone to over the years that I wear. That, along with a light jacket to keep the sun off.

And of course there is the all important "Loud Pipes Save Lives" sticker. Someone mentioned wanting one of these in a post a while back. I found them yesterday at a shop I was visiting, so I picked a couple up.

They are available. I paid $2US each, and I will drop one in the mail for an extra dollar. Of course, if you live in Antarctica, the cost could be a bit higher.

Enjoy the XB-600!

Tom

LoudPipes.jpg

JamesS
JamesS's picture

Hello Dolce,

I wear a bike helmet, agtee that a full face helmet would look like overkill. But then again who gets the last laugh? I live in New Mexico and we do not have a helmet law. I was convinced into wearing a helmet after being hit in an intersection broadside. I wasn't wearing any protection, shorts and a tee shirt. Lost alot of skin and was banged up pretty bad, yet no head injury. Totaled my RAD2GO scooter though. Anyway long story short, I was lucky. If you can call beat to he!! and a totaled scooter lucky.

Bike Helmet always, eye protection always, keep clear saftey glasses in trunk for night riding.
check the thread "SAFETY FIRST" for my post on a day time running light.

If you are reading up on scooter/bike safety, that is a good thing. Don't be afraid to go back and refresh your mind every few months. Watch for those cars that pass you and then turn right, rught in front of you...

Happy scooting,
JamesS

Happy scooting,
JamesS

Tesla

If someone could give me a measurement,type,and pic of the short spacer on the right side of the wheel that goes on the axle that would be greatly appreciated. (using the diagram I'd provided above.)

Thanks,
Tesla

If it can't be done then you just haven't tried hard enough.

laurierocs
laurierocs's picture

Dolce, I too have the 1/2 chrome DOT motorcycle helmet like Tom. Since I'm on the streets with cars, I wanted to protect myself as much as possible. Hmmmm....now that I think about it, I believe it's law here in Nebraska to wear a DOT helmet when riding a moped. I also bought one of those safety vests as Home depot. You know the kind that's bright florescent yellow with reflector stripes. My husband is in the process of changing all my lights on the bike to LED's...holy cow, they are bright!!! Again, just trying to be as safe as I can.

Laurie(rocs)

Dolce

Thanks Laurie for the info, can you ask your husband where did he get the LEDs that are comaptible with the scooter? I was thinking of replacing the rear lights with permanent blinking LEDs to make them even more visible. I always notice bicycle ridcers with those red blinking LEDs, so they must work well.

-Dolce

benmart

Laurie, I bought a half-helmet, open face on the internet from www.cyclegear.com by THH for $39.00. It might save my mellon when a Land-Hog runs me off the roadway. lol. I too am interested in upgrading my 700Li ights to LED.

Ben - Modesto

laurierocs
laurierocs's picture

Hi. Laurie's husband here..... she wanted me to answer this one.
I used 5mm red leds that I got on Ebay. There are many of them for sale, but I got these from "Asia Engineer". They were $10 for 100 of them, with free shipping and dropping resistors for 12v. I didn't use the resistors though, I just wired them in groups of 5 in series. I did notice though, and someone else might mention what they have found, I only measured 10 volts at the rear light plug, plus it's wired positive ground, so I don't know if standard leds from the auto store or Walmart will work, as I suspect those are built for negative ground.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage