You guys need to diet! ;-)

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
Buzby
Buzby's picture
Re: You guys need to diet! ;-)

I'd suggest that if you paid in full, then you send a 'time is of the essence' letter - as the interest on £5k is not to be sniffed at, and it far better in yout account than his. Certainly a £1k deposit whilst the bike makes its way to you is reasonable, but the only person losing out during the waiting game is you.

- Raymond

AndY1
AndY1's picture

I know, I have already said that to him, but other than visiting him I can't do much right now, since he lives in another country (Italy) and is 350km away from me.

For now, I do believe him, that Polish factory couldn't deliver it, because they shipped all available Vectrixs to USA. But I won't wait any more than a promised week. The summer is ending and I don't need a bike sitting in a garage for 6 months first thing when I get it.

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Shame the US sucked up the available inventory - the trouble is if you do formally cancel, the new machines will (invariably) cost more, so whilst you've locked in an agreed orice, if - 4-8 weeks down the line you get a 2009 model, in 2008 at the 2007 pricing! :)

- Raymond

AndY1
AndY1's picture

In our country, it is customary (and I think by law), that if you pay up-front, that if you cancel the deal, the dealer keeps the up-front money. BUT if the dealer doesn't honor his end of the deal, he has to pay you back twice the up-front amount, which is only fair, because if the dealer would only return your money, he has nothing to lose from not keeping his end of the deal.

In my case, the dealer told me, that the bike would be delivered in 2 weeks and documents in 3 weeks. But because I went to a 3 week holiday in that delivery window, we agreed, that the delivery would take place the first week of me coming back - this week - first week of September. He also didn't contact me, to inform me of the delay. I had to call him (to Italy) for the explanation and his promise was one week of delay. I believe him so far, but what do I do if I hear another delay story next week? I can't wait forever, the winter is right around the corner. I don't want to get the bike and put it into the garage for 6 months. Batteries age, tires age... and I can't have any fun with it.

I really don't care if the US sucked up the available inventory. That's their problem. I paid the full amount and I don't have the bike. They should have put the number of already purchased Vectrixs aside for the customers who already paid for them. And in the mean time, the dealer and Vectrix profit from my money, while I'm paying the loan for the thing I don't have.

I may be over panic-ing, but I have a bad feeling.

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage