XM-3500Li Shakeout - Owners having issues?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
rossasaurus
rossasaurus's picture
XM-3500Li Shakeout - Owners having issues?

Thought I'd start a thread for day-to-day issues you might want your fellow XM-3500Li owners to know about. Owners heads-up

Brake Calipers
My right-hand(rear) brake caliper was starting to get loose after about 25 miles. I decided to roll with it for a couple days since I just am starting to ride it more than a few miles at a time.

Well, yesterday I found a bolt lying on my foot-board, which turns-out to be one of two bolts clamping the brake unit to the handlebar; it had fallen completely out, and fortunately was caught by the foot-board. I have 60 miles total on the scoot.

So I tore into the handlebar cowling last night and removed and replaced all four bolts after adding some thread-lock compound. I think I'll add that process to the "Manual" section, as I took pictures which may help someone get in there without breaking the plastic housing into pieces.

I use my front brake aggressively and it wouldn't be good to lose it when I needed it due to clamp failure.

Oh, that reminds me...my rear disc is starting to screech at low speeds...reeec,reeec,reec

BTW, the handlebar to fork-shaft weld looks decent.

Ross

astar
Re: XM-3500Li Shakeout - Owners having issues?

My right-hand(rear) brake caliper was starting to get loose after about 25 miles.

You mean brake lever correct? The caliper clamps the disk at the wheel. Also, the right lever usually controls the front disk. Is yours really the rear? That's just not right. Ummm, I guess it's not left either. :)

-= Alan

ZEV 7100 Alpine
Fort Collins, CO

rossasaurus
rossasaurus's picture
Re: XM-3500Li Shakeout - Owners having issues?

Alan,
Yes, you're right on both counts; right-side brake lever ass'y loose, for Front disc.
...maybe I better not contribute to the Manual!

Ross

rossasaurus
rossasaurus's picture
Re: XM-3500Li Shakeout - Headlight Alignment?

Just curious if headlight alignment is similar on others 3500's:

Low beam and pattern is decent ......at low speed.
High beams are aimed upward and will blind oncoming traffic(well, if they were brighter!).

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage