Soneil Charger not working(?)

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
tylere
Soneil Charger not working(?)

After working as expected for around 4 months, the Soneil charger for my Z-20 seems to have stopped working.

Here is what I am experiencing:
1. When I plug in the charger and turn it on, neither of the LEDs light up. (as I recall, 1 LED used to light up when I turned on the charger previously)
2. When I then connect the charger to the Z-20, a single red LED lights up on the charger.

Other notes: the Z-20's batteries are about 1/2 charged, and when I turn on the scooter's breaker switch to on and turn the ignition on it seems to work as expected.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be, and how to diagnose it?

Thanks,
Tyler

fcherny
Re: Soneil Charger not working(?)

Does the charger fan ever run?

When you connect the charger, have you measured the voltage on the batteries to see if they are charging?

tylere

The charger fan used to (i.e. just last week) start up when I flipped the charger switch to on, but now the charger fan no longer starts.

The battery voltage is 61.3V when the the charger is disconnected, and unchanged when the charger is attached and turned on. Also, when I test the output wires of the charger they are at 0.0V even when it is turned on (I would have expected it to be between 70 and 80V.)

I emailed EVTAmerica support about this yesterday, but so far I have not received a reply...

- Tyler

fcherny

I suggest you contact Soneil as well. You'll probably get a faster response.

tylere

Just to follow up on my original post...

I contacted EVTA by email after my original post. After a couple back and forth emails to clarify and check various things, they agreed to send me a replacement charger. I received the replacement charger sometime between 7 & 10 days (I was out of town) after my original contact, which seemed to be a reasonable resolution timeframe. The replacement charger seems to be working just fine...

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage