XB-600 Fuse locations

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
gblawler
XB-600 Fuse locations

I have a relatively new XB-600 and noticed it came with 2 extra fuses: a spade fuse and a glass cylinder fuse. Both look like automotive type fuses.

I do not need to replace a fuse right now, but in the event I ever do, I have these questions:

- How many fuses are on the XB-600?
- Where are they, exactly? Pictures would be ideal.

I want to make sure that I have 1 (or more) replacements for ALL the fuses under the seat of the scooter. I also want to become familiar with where they are before I need to know that. I figure a little preparation could avoid a long push home.

If anyone has pictures and / or specs of ALL the fuses as well as pictures of the locations, we could all benefit from that documentation. To my great surprise, the manual only mentions that 2 fuses are included and says absolutely nothing about where they are on the scooter.

Glenn

JamesS
JamesS's picture
Re: XB-600 Fuse locations

Glenn,

Pictures would be a bit time consuming. but the fuses are located:

1. Glass fuse for lighting on yellow wire behind headlight assembly. Cheap fuse holder, some what difficult to replace by reaching in from bottom but can be done. Make sure ends of wires are back inside plastic housing.

2. Main fuse is located along the left side of scooter near controller and can be accessed with scooter laying on left side, look for bundle of wires. My prefered way to access is to remove seat/bucket and find it in bundled wires on left side of bike.

As a note I think some owners have blown the original main fuse. I did. Quality?. But if you have the seat/bucket removed (4 screws) for any reason than I would go ahead and replace the 30amp fuse with one from auto parts store ( from China too for all I know) not the spare they sent you.

My original 30 amp fuse blew and I haven't had a problem since replacing, even after the shunt mod and 60v mod.

Happy scooting,
JamesS

Happy scooting,
JamesS

gblawler

JamesS,

I had the instrument panel open last week to try to dampen the rattling in there and looked for the fuse behind the headlights. I couldn't see it from there. What's the best procedure to get to that fuse?

Glenn

hyperob
hyperob's picture

On my XB-600 both fuses are under the seat. It is probably the same on yours I suspect. Take the seat pan off and you should see both fuses pretty clearly. The glass fuse doesn't blow but the 30amp fuse tends to blow if you've done the shunt mod. If you replace the fuse and holder with a Radio Shack or automotive parts store you shouldn't have to worry too much about it anymore.

Good Luck!

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage