Electrical Diagram for GT-S210 Electric Bike (Canadian Tire - Strong EMB)

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
robvann
Electrical Diagram for GT-S210 Electric Bike (Canadian Tire - Strong EMB)

I have a GT-S210 Electric Bike (Canadian Tire - Strong EMB)
I am trying to find a schematic electrical diagram for the bike.
Also interested in finding a source for parts (battery, hand brake electric switch, etc.)

The front electrics seem to have an intermittent loose wire and I am trying to troubleshoot it but it's not making sense!
The headlight and battery power meter are off, but the bike runs fine. Sometimes when I steer left the light will flicker ON.

It looks like the Key Switch, has two sets of wires that it controls, one for the front and one for the motor, so I am assuming its the small guage front set thats causing the problem.

There are three wires: Red, Blue, Yellow.
The odd thing is that there doesn't seem to be a negative!!
The bike frame doesn't seem to be electrically connected.
The mesasurements I take using the negative battery terminal as ground, indicate:
Red +39V with key on position 1 and 2.
Yellow +14V with key on position 1 and 2.
Blue +39V only in position 2.

Sooooo, where is the NEGATIVE connection for the front?
There are no other wires that feed the front...

In the heavy guage wire set there are Red and Orange, plus a light guage brown wire.
I am thinking it is the negative for the front, but it doesn't seem to go up front.

Suggestions would be most welcome.
- Rob from Nova Scotia, Canada

robvann
Electrical Diagram for GT-S210 Electric Bike (CT - Strong EMB)

Well I solved my own problem!
The YELLOW wire is supposed to be negative (ground)!
There was a break in it between the key and the Battery power meter. My clue in the end was revealed when I took apart the Power meter, which is also a sort of junction box for the various front end electrics. I knew the light was 39V from a previous repair (one of the LED's burned out), and it's black wire went to the YELLOW wire. A litte odd that the ground wire is actually switched too.

I was curious about why it was 14V instead of 39V, but now realize it was seing a voltage drop back feed from the 39V. Sheesh...

Anyway, I made a few more notes (on paper) about the wiring diagram that I came up with.
If anyone is interested I could try to post it here.
- Rob

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage