BD48 Hybrid System

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
skylark
BD48 Hybrid System
AttachmentSize
Image icon generator1.jpg32.06 KB
Image icon generator2.jpg30.81 KB

I'm building a weed eater motor - dc permanent magnet motor generator for my BD48 kit.

Today I spent time on cutting and sanding the plastic weedeater housing to allow me to screw on aluminum angle to make a motor mount. The mount is pretty straight and stable, I think it will work.

For the dc motor, I cut out a mount from 1/8" aluminum plate scrap that I had in my garage. It will be fitted to some aluminum angle as well.

All this was done with a hacksaw and file, and an electric drill. I don't have good metal working tools, mostly just hand tools.

I still have to bolt a lot of stuff together, align it and mount it to a piece of plywood. Then add a gas tank, electric switch, servo and controller. I still have to program the controller, I may just start out with adjusting the throttle and holding it in one position at first.

More pics here:

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=14198

dogman
dogman's picture
Re: BD48 Hybrid System

Very cool! When I tried putting a generator in the basket of my trike, it was just too heavy. Top speed was just under 15mph. That should work well.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

engr_scotty
engr_scotty's picture

Sounds like an interesting project. I think you can probably get away from that large of gas generator, but not sure. I wonder if the RC people have super small/super quiet gas engines...hmm. You may want to check with this guy:

http://www.staton-inc.com/

They have several mechanical combiners and Dave Staton is a great guy to work with on custom jobs.

--Scotty

skylark

hybridbike1.jpg

Took the first ride on the hybrid tonight. Still need to do some testing but it seems to work!

hybridbike2.jpg

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage