2004 Boulder, Suggestion?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bohh
2004 Boulder, Suggestion?

Hi,

I'm converting my Giant 2004 boulder to electric using the Amped Bike Kit. The frame is steel, but the fork is a suspension fork with aluminum drop outs. I will be using a Lifepo4 battery. I have two options:

1) Front hub kit and buy a steel rigid fork

2) Rear hub kit

What would be better for commuting to work on city streets/sidewalks year round?

If I have to go with a rear hub kit what is involved with installing it? I've heard you have to bend the frame. I don't want to do that.

Thanks!

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: 2004 Boulder, Suggestion?

How powerful is this Amped kit? I'm not familiar with it.. if a front hub motor is low intensity then I'd guess that there isn't much to worry over regarding fork breakage. I'm using my WE motor in a suspension front fork and trusting the same idea, namely that it's a low intensity motor and it'll be okay. However that its name is 'Amped' implies it might be a high power motor. The rear is thought to be a lot stronger than the front.

Bohh
Re: 2004 Boulder, Suggestion?

Hiya,

The Ampedbikes kit is a 500w motor powered by 36volts. I'm a newbie at this so I don't know how those numbers translate into strength. They offer it in front and rear.

Are you using a front wheel on a bike with an aluminum droupout front or is the suspension fork all steel?

Thanks!

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage