72 volt mod

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
mrladderman
mrladderman's picture
72 volt mod

would like to thank Mountain chen for selling a scooter at a great price- and also for having a bigger controller, that will allow us to add another battery to get more speed out of our bikes!!!

also thank you sparc5 ! for posting how to do the 72 volt mod !!

going 53 mph now is so much better-

tabloid
Re: 72 volt mod

What battery did you use for your 6th cell? I'm also wanting to do the 72v mod, and am leaning toward the original battery design instead of the D35.....

(No longer) XM3K, Bank charging using Vector 2-4-6 smart chargers, Cycle Analyst
Official member of the "I laid it down and I felt stupid" club

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture

original battery- but i was not asked the amps that i needed- and i so i have a 27 amp battery -

so, if you order one, tell them ALL your info so you get the right AMP battery.

if ya have the money, (i dont) imho - i would use the D35. USE THE RIGHT GAGE WIRE WHEN you add the 6th battery- or you will burn up the new wires, that you just put on the new battery!

reikiman
reikiman's picture
sparc5
sparc5's picture

I went with a battery with a higher amp hour rating so that I could run the 12V electronics off it and junk the inefficient DC-DC converter. AGM because I need to mount it sideways, and availability was my other consideration. Siliconebatteriesusa.com were sold out when I called, but if you can get suitable battery from him, he's a fabulous seller.

So far most people on V have been happy with their GreenSavers, but its often hard to find them in stock, they now want to take euros instead of dollars, they wouldn't respond to my e-mails when I wanted charging specifications(!).

XM-3000...
-DC-DC converter replaced with a Dell D220P-01 power supply.
-72V mod
-Expensive bank charger until I come up with something better... Still trying.
-

Henry42
Battery Charger Repair

Does anyone know where I can get the battery charger (TSL60-20) repaired? I dropped it (so it is not a warranty repair) and now it is not working.

eped
Re: Battery Charger Repair

Hi henry42 - have you tried opening it to see anything obvious like a connector coming loose? Also, if you feel brave, look at the board to see if there are any cracks especially around any parts that are large.

Green electric power and use thereof; what more do we need?

Henry42
Re: Battery Charger Repair

Thanks for the suggestion. I had to cut the "anti-tampering goo" to check the underneath of the circuit board. I did find one 82 ohm resistor that the end had become detached. I replaced it and it is still not working.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage