I could use a little help "Newbie"

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
TaylorKingsfan
I could use a little help "Newbie"

Hi there, I am building my first e-bike. I will be using a 1000W 36V electric motor, A 36 Volt 1000W Universal Speed & Voltage Controller, and Hand Throttle - 36 Volt 4 Wire with LED Meter. I have 3 12V lead acid batteries wired in series giving 36V. The problem is with the throttle which has 4 wires to connect it, they are RED, BLACK , YELLOW , and Green. While the "Universal" controller has only 3 connections which are Red, Black, and Blue labeled for the throttle or TO PUT connector.

Krilson
Re: I could use a little help "Newbie"

Does it say TO PUT or TO POT

Pot is short for potentiometer, which a 0-5k resistive throttle is.
Sounds like your four wire twist grip is a hall effect device, which outputs 0-5 volts. The LED may account for the fourth wire, I don't know. Hook up your ohmeter to any two leads and twist the throttle. If you find two that give you 0-5000 ohms, then you have a pot. The red and black wires usually mean voltage which suggests a hall effect device. This has to be powered to work.

gmouchawar
Re: I could use a little help "Newbie"

You have a hall effect throttle controller with LEDs.
The back goes to -bat
the red goes to +5V
The green is the output. It should change from 0 - 5V as you twist the throttle.
The 4th wire connects to +36V. It serves as the input to the LEDs volt meter. The LEDs will change from full, mid to low as the battery depletes.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage