BL-36 brushless with only 3 wires?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
whome
BL-36 brushless with only 3 wires?

The BL- 36 I received has only three wires running into the hub motor. Blue Green and Yellow. Anyone know which wire does what? I looked at the wiring for a crystalite controller and motor that has (2)power wires and then (5) for the Hall sensors.

How does this thing work>>> ?

Anyone figured it out yet?

Whome

icecube57
Re: BL-36 brushless with only 3 wires?

http://visforvoltage.org/forum-topic/bicycles-and-pedelecs/801-crystalyte-controller-hooked-golden-islands-hub-motor#comment-26174

ARE YOU SURE THERE ARE ONLY THREE WIRES I THINK THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE 5 I MAY BE WRONG BUT SEE IF THE LINK ABOVE HELPS YOU IN ANY WAY.

whome

There is one plug with three wires.

Whome

electricridefl

hey, it is a pedal first brushless motor, no hall effect sensors, only works with the pedal first controller.DCP_1309.jpg

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

Yeah, motors made to work with pedal-first controllers are identical to ones made for immediate start, save for the lack of hall sensors.

Eh? The C'lytes are typical brushless, meaning 3 fat phase wires and 5 thin hall wires...

AND WHY ARE WE YELLING?

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

wakataka

The current version of the BL-36 does not require a pedal start but uses only 3 wires. I notice that the BL36 has more vibration at low speeds than the BD36. There's kind of a cogging-type pulse until you get up to 5 mph or so, but the BL36 motor will pull from a dead stop. Not sure what kind of magic WE has built into the controller, but it seems to work without hall sensors, or at least without separate wires for the hall sensors.

whome

I have noticed this vibration when starting from a dead stop, and have to wonder if it is not partially responsible for my problems with getting it to seat in the front forks properly.

Whome

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

I'm betting they're taking a leaf out of the R/C community's book with regards to controllers...

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage