Guess what I saw in London today...

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
undead
Guess what I saw in London today...

No not that idiot that "runs" this country... thankfully...

I was walking down a road near the science museaum in central london, when all of a sudden a bike rounds the corner and heads up the road toward us.

I thought i recognised the front headlight configuation from somewhere... and there it was! It was one of the AA patrol vectrix bikes coming up the road!

I wish he was parked up because I would have loved to have heard his thoughts on them.

They are scarily quiet when doing lower speeds as well. He must have been doing around 30-40mph and I could barely hear it.

Good work Vectrix - they are being seen :D

moccasin
moccasin's picture
Re: Guess what I saw in London today...

They are scarily quiet when doing lower speeds as well. He must have been doing around 30-40mph and I could barely hear it.

Vectrix riders should get in the habit of humming tunes as they ride down the road! HAHA!! :-) Or at least making simulated motor noises with their lips! HAHA!!!

Hermes
Re: Guess what I saw in London today...

I really don't think that noise (or lack of it) is a safety issue. Most modern scooters are pretty quiet, and in city traffic are not heard until they overtake or thay have a serious exhaust issue! However, I'd recommend to keep headlight on, do not try to tamper with that Vectrix EU measure, I do not expect consumption to be significant and it really is a much more important safety feature.... when you overtake your light will reflect on the driver's mirror. And, do not be shy to use your horn either, (especially when approaching crossroads) whether you have have a silent Vectrix or just a not-too-noisy petrol scooter.

Safe riding

H

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage