XB-600 instrument panel rattle

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
gblawler
XB-600 instrument panel rattle

Has anyone successfully eliminated the rattle from the instrument panel? I tried using some velcro wire ties to tie the big plastic cube in there. That helped a lot, but if you go over a big enough bump, it still bangs against the inside. I was thinking about putting some foam rubber or something in there.

Any success stories?

Glenn

JamesS
JamesS's picture
Re: XB-600 instrument panel rattle

That "cube" had a slot on the side of it and mounts on a tab on the top cover to keep it from bouncing around. You probably pulled it off the tab when you opened the instrument cover.

Happy scooting,
JamesS

P.S. The cube is you turn signal beep.

Happy scooting,
JamesS

Laurie

The plastic housing around the screw holding my instrument panel cover broke after hitting a nasty bump in the road. I added some padding and an extra screw to keep things secure and it really made a big difference.

gblawler

JamesS,

I located the tab in the top part of the instrument panel and used the rubber thing with the slot in it to connect. The rattle is about the same as when I had the velcro wire ties. I am pretty sure what is happening is that when I had it bundled with the wire ties to the rest of the wires, it was hitting the bottom when I went over a bump, and now it is hitting the top whenever I hit a bump.

Laurie, what did you use for padding? I was thinking of using some foam rubber or some other kind of padding to wrap all around the flasher module and then use the velcro wire ties to tie it to the handle bar. The velcro will keep it from bouncing around and the padding should prevent the rattle when it does make contact with anything else.

While I had the panel open, I took some advice from this list and put two pieces of electrical tape over the opening from which the turn signal beep is emitted. This was a great improvement. I like the idea of a beep to remind you that the turn signal is on, but it is quiet enough now that I don't mind using it. It was so loud before that it was really irritating.

Glenn

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage