XB-600 Traffic Light Magnet Mod

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Craftkiller
XB-600 Traffic Light Magnet Mod

One lonely night after work I pulled up to a traffic light and quickly realized that it was not detecting my XB-600... after about 3 cycles of the lights ignoring me, a car finally pulled up next to me and set off the sensor. I decided that I needed to fix this problem.

After doing some research I found that these traffic lights use "loop sensors" and that attaching magnets to my moped should help. so I quickly went to my favorite magnet site, DealExtreme (they ship directly from china with free shipping... takes like 3 weeks to get here but its really cheap)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10305

I also got out a tube of krazy glue and attached 7 magnets under the battery compartment in a cluster (the pack has 10 for $4.29 but I attached one to my bike computer sensor because the magnet wasnt strong enough, gave one to my friend because hes weird like that, and one fell off). Next time I was alone at a traffic light I just put my moped directly over part of the loop and the traffic light detected me!

Problem solved... no more waiting at red lights for nice cars to pull up beside me.

scootoregon
Re: XB-600 Traffic Light Magnet Mod

Wow, what a cool idea. I was wondering if some magnets from an old hard drive would work. They have enormous pull and are already drilled for screws so there would be no need for Super Glue. And then they couldn't fall off. Just a thought, let me know if I am way off base.

Happy scooting.

AztecFemBone
AztecFemBone's picture

I always pull up to push the crosswalk button because without it, any given light might not be long enough to safely cross the intersection.

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

AztecFemBone
AztecFemBone's picture

<Aussie accent>Now THAT'S a magnet!</Aussie accent>

win32forth
win32forth's picture

I don't think you would want to get your hand between that and any ferromagnetic material. Looks like it would be very painful.

Tom

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage