Assembly Instuctions for XB-700Li

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
bickyd1a
Assembly Instuctions for XB-700Li

I understand that the instructions that come with the XB-700Li are not very specific. I'm getting mine tomorrow and was hoping somebody who has assembled one could offer some pointers. Thanks
Bickyd1a

rossasaurus
rossasaurus's picture
Re: Assembly Instuctions for XB-700Li

Hi Bicky,
I left a few tips here. But this is way more complete.

Tools:
-serrated steak knife for tape & bubble wrap
-Phillips screwdriver
-3/8" ratchet
-comes with a decent pkg of other items; socket, end wrench

PROCEED
- write "subject to inspection' on your bill of lading before signing

- take photos of box if it's in bad shape

- Remove straps and slit the cardboard at each corner and lay it down like a lovely lotus flower, This will save your knees from stones or keep you from losing screws in the grass since you're on your lawn, right?

- remove copious amounts of bubble wrap

- inspect for damage and take photos of damage

- Unwire parts from top frame. Leave rear wheel wired for now

- Unscrew vertical straps from frame.

- Remove top frame. Mine was was now loose, so it came right out.

- Unwire the front wheel and set aside.

- extract the windscreen & front plastic trim and set aside

- remove copious amounts of bubble wrap & free the steering yoke

- find key (in ignition?)and open seat to extract charger, pedals and tools; set aside

- remove your battery pack, attach to charger, THEN plug charger into AC; you'll want to be ready when you get it assembled

- remove your foot-mat and place between trunk and shipping frame

- Pull the end frame at bike front out and away from front fender; with gusto

- insert battery and try 'er out...just kidding- get back to work

STEERING
- place steering yoke, and see how the bolt & fitting slip in

- bolt slips in from front and spacer fits IN the hole in outer tube; you'll see; nut on back side toward driver

- remove the black plastic around handlebars. 4 screws then unsnaps. I ended up just pulling steadily and I only broke one tab(just like the 3500!). You can try getting the nut on that bolt without removing molded piece, but it's really tight.

- snug that puppy up

- replace molding and screws

- have some lemonade

FRONT WHEEL
- loosen brake drum ass'y and get it outa the way

- remove axle to free the fork

- gather copious amounts of bubble wrap, lift front of bike with your teeth and stuff the b-wrap under the belly of the beast, arrr

- You'll notice in the front drum there's a slot molded to accept the protruding flat portion of the left fork(the key); remember this as you place the drum into the front wheel.

- the brake cable goes over then under the axle back to front

- With wheel held in place (by some mysterious force), insert the axle/bolt with the spacer tube between the hub and the RIGHT side of the fork. I'll let you figure out where the washer goes :)

- Use some threadlock on that nut, but consider replacing it with a nyloc nut pretty soon.

- have some lemonade(with wodka)

WINDSCREEN & TRIM

- insert grommets in windscreen. plastic is brittle, beware

- put clips on fairing body where windscreen will screw to it

- start at center front screw and work outward

- Now place clips where the trim piece will attach; two up front, one each side at end of trim piece.

- reach under fairing and feel the trim tabs come through the slots in the fairing. you'll need to insure the lowest portion of the trim gets tucked UNDER the headlight lens on each side. Once that's done, clip the two tabs in place with broad hand pressure, then place the two center screws, then the screw on either side at the top. That's that. It's a little tricky, persevere man.

FREE THE TIGER(get your bike outa that cage)

- NOW unwire your rear wheel from the frame(and support bike)

- Lift the front end up and simultaneously roll forward and to one side to free the scoot from it's frame.

- Think about how you'll use this shipping frame, inverted, for a table in your shop....some day. Or a potting table, or...

- park it in the shade and clean up all that crap you just created

- I had expected the battery pack to just slide down ONTO the connector; that's not the way of the world bubba. You've gotta plug/unplug each time. The seat post socket has been corrected so you can now charge without battery removal.

- My ignition denied my access for a good hour, then just worked. go figure. Wouldn't go to full-right position(ON)...BUT THE ALARM WORKED! damn.

- Took my battery about 2.5-3 hours to reach full charge(GREEN)

-Grease the side-stand pivot, as you need lotsa force to deploy it

- Oh, almost forgot....adjust your brakes.

Enjoy it, you've earned it.

Good Luck fellow XB'ers

Ross

scootoregon

Thanks a bunch Ross. I will be printing these out for when my scooter arrives. One question though about that bill of lading. Did you make the driver wait while you uncrated it? I plan on taking lots of pictures but wasn't sure if the delivery truck waits around for us to inspect the packaging and contents.

Thanks and happy scooting. Scott.

bickyd1a

WOW Ross, It's 5AM and I feel like an expectant mother awaiting delivery!!!! Thanks.
Bickyd

rossasaurus
rossasaurus's picture

Hi Scott,

You write that on there as a way of saying "I accept delivery and I reserve the right to inspect and notify after truck leaves", something like that.
Both times I've received an electric, the drivers asked tons of questions since the box says "electric bicycle" on the outside.
You know, is it street legal, how fast etc, so I imagine your driver might want to watch if he has some time, though all you see at first is B-Wrap galore.
I didn't take pictures 'til it was under a shady tree and he was long gone. I'm not that worried about it. If you see major damage as it's unloaded however, make sure the driver notes it on the bill, or you note it and press hard for all copies.

Oh, it was pretty hilarious riding this as I've got long legs and every time I try and turn, one of my knees hits the horn button(there's one on each side); rather dangerous really.
At 240# I'd probably wear this bike out fast but it's perfect for my GF.

Where are you in Oregon?
I lived in Pleasant Hill, Cottage Grove, Eugene for years.

Ross

bickyd1a

Thank you Ross. Bike arrived about 9:30 this morning and except for some minor scratches and a busted review mirror all is well. With your instructions it took me between 2-2 1/2 hours to assemble. Just got back from my first ride and it was great. Did notice some noise and vibration when first giving it some throttle but as it gets up to speed all quite. Again, Thank you for the excellent instructions. I'm off to finish my lemonade and Wodka!!
Bickyd

scootoregon

Hi Ross. I sent you a private message.

Bickyd1a, Congrats on your new ride. I am itching to get mine here so I can use it. I currently own an older Chinese scooter that is badged an SL 700 Lion, and has ESV on the front of it. It has a 700 watt hub motor with 4x18ah SLA's under the seat. It hasn't been the most reliable machine but hopefully I will get the opportunity to convert it over Lithium Ion some day.

Happy and Safe scooting. Scott.

bickyd1a

Thanks Scootoregon, Use Ross's directions and you should have no problems when your ride arrives. I did it alone and it went smooth as silk. Be sure to keep a good supply of lemonade and wodka available.
Bickyd1a

scootoregon

Hi all. The bike is here and running like silk. That being said, I pulled a good one. In my haste to bolt the handlebars on I managed to pinch the throttle control wire in between the bolt head and that concave washer. In doing that, I created a dead short and thus had zero motor power. After pulling much of the bike apart and lots of head scratching, I found the culprit and promptly fixed it. All is well now except for that @#$^%#$%@% turn single squawker. I had school kids making fun of it during the maiden voyage. Needless to say, I will be attempting to replicate the results from the other thread featuring the XB 600 fix. Thanks so much to all for the plethora of information that has been shared.

Oh I forgot to mention, the only thing I can find wrong with the bike is that the license plate light bulb has popped out of its hole and is laying in the fairing. Other than that, wow this thing is NICE!

Happy and safe scooting, Scott.

Theocrooks

hey how did this turn out? I can't find almost any info in this Electric scooter Lion 700 ESV - $200 someone is selling.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage