WE BL-36 thumb throttle

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
loumeth
WE BL-36 thumb throttle

Is the thumb throttle provided with the BL-36 kit able to be used on the left instead of the right? Installing it on the right handle bar interferes with the 3 speed gear shifter on a Miami Sun trike.

Lou

engr_scotty
engr_scotty's picture
Re: WE BL-36 thumb throttle

Is the thumb throttle provided with the BL-36 kit able to be used on the left instead of the right? Installing it on the right handle bar interferes with the 3 speed gear shifter on a Miami Sun trike.

Lou
------------

I have mine on the left. It mounts upside down and the thumb control pushes forward. LEDs are upside down too. I didn't mount it, so I don't have all details, but it looks pretty easy...

g'luck

dogman
dogman's picture

some of the scooter parts web sellers have left hand throttles. I just put my shifter on the left, upside down on my mtb. I wasn't using the front derailur so I just took it off. I use the thottle a lot more than the shifter.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

alnvilma

I use a left side C-lyte thumb throttle (no lights) from itselectric, and one of their conversion wires too.
Aside: The spring tension is much less fatiguing and smoother than the WE thumb throttle.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage