Immobilized

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cavalho
Immobilized

I had finally decided that the riding noise was not OK (a bit like MIK's scoot, but less extreme). Also I had observed that slightly pushing the scoot at standstill made noises of loose teeth in the transmission department. So I brought it in.

The dealership compared with other vectrices and judged it was out of range. Transmission was changed. Riding is a lot more quiet now. Good.

50 miles later, after some near-standstill maneuvering on a slope, I noticed that the "ready" sign was out. I cut the contact and switched it on again: no ready sign. When I squeeze the left brake, the scoot doesn't move but the speedo dashes up to 45kph. When I let go the brake, the speedo goes back to zero. Squeezing the left brake and throttle braking makes the speedo go to zero. Neutral throttle back to 45kph, opening the throttle and the speedo races to max.

I charged the battery (which was halfway when this happened) but that didn't change much.

Anybody experienced this? any ideas? Obviously I'll bring the thing back to dealer, which is a hassle. Just thought I'd bring it to this forum

Cavalho

moccasin
moccasin's picture
Re: Immobilized

Your bike is in throttle calibration mode. Flip the right handlbar kill switch to on and turn the key switch back on and you're good to go.

There's no need to get in the habit of using the kill switch with this bike. It's just a safety feature in case of a throttle stick.

Mik
Mik's picture

What happens when you pull the right brake lever in addition to the left one?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Mik
Mik's picture

Your bike is in throttle calibration mode. Flip the right handlbar kill switch to on and turn the key switch back on and you're good to go.

There's no need to get in the habit of using the kill switch with this bike. It's just a safety feature in case of a throttle stick.

I thought that with

I cut the contact and switched it on again

he meant the kill switch.

If not, then that is all that's needed, of course.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Cavalho

Wow!
After 35 years of riding motorcycles I didn't even think of looking for a kill switch on the Vectrix!

Thanks a bunch guys! you saved me a lengthy trailer trip to the dealership and the funny story of the year.
Thanks also for hiding your smiles.

Cavalho

Cavalho

Come to think of it, do you think I could have de-calibrated something by fiddling various things while in throttle calibration mode?

Thanks
Cavalho

moccasin
moccasin's picture

Come to think of it, do you think I could have de-calibrated something by fiddling various things while in throttle calibration mode?

Nope. She'll be just fine. You have to access the calibration screws in the throttle body to screw that up. You were merely "checking" it, that's all. :-)

It's always fun to sneak around and flip the kill switch off on a Harley, since most HD riders DON'T use the kill switch (why bother, the ignition switch is right there on the console). Then watch and see how long it takes them to call a tow truck because their bike won't crank! HAHA!! :-) That trick is almost as old as pouring a small bit of used oil on the pavement underneath somebody's bike! :-)

kito

I had this happen to me a couple of times now because people screw with the bike switches when its out in the public.

I'm not exactly sure why people feel the need to touch other people property. I recently came out of a store and found a older couple was next my bike looking it over. After some chit chat I attempted to leave,but because they apparently felt the need to press the buttons, I couldn't leave at first because I normally do not use the kill switch.

retrodog
retrodog's picture

I had this happen to me a couple of times now because people screw with the bike switches when its out in the public.

I'm not exactly sure why people feel the need to touch other people property. I recently came out of a store and found a older couple was next my bike looking it over. After some chit chat I attempted to leave,but because they apparently felt the need to press the buttons, I couldn't leave at first because I normally do not use the kill switch.

Some people just enjoy pushing other people's buttons. Pun intended.

I think my Valkyrie (or my GPZ) has a remark in the owner's manual that it's not necessary to use the kill switch for just turning the bike off. So I got out of the habit of using it. Then I came out of a movie one time and couldn't start my bike. It took me a few minutes (anxiety type minutes) to figure out that the kill switch was engaged.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage