Current US Pricing?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
retrodog
retrodog's picture
Current US Pricing?

I just talked to the local Vectrix dealer (yes I have one just 15 miles away from me now) and they quoted me $8,999 for the base price. Then adding things like freight and prep for about $300. With the taxes and license fees that comes to a ride-out price of about $10,043. Is that correct?

I thought they were selling these for $8,750, or something like that. And then I saw someone mention $8,500 on a thread. What's the current price for the 08 standard model?

moccasin
moccasin's picture
Re: Current US Pricing?

The bargains are all on what's left of the 2007 models. Sounds like you're getting a pretty decent deal on an 08, but at that price, I would confirm that the bike is indeed an 08 (could have an effect on reselling it at some later point).

retrodog
retrodog's picture

The bargains are all on what's left of the 2007 models. Sounds like you're getting a pretty decent deal on an 08, but at that price, I would confirm that the bike is indeed an 08 (could have an effect on reselling it at some later point).

Well they are definitely showing it as a 2008 model, with an MSRP of $9,395.

http://www.stubbsoriginal.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=05902826X10K16K2008J7I29I38JPMQ565R0&veh=95055&CatDesc=Scooters&ModelYear=2008

I'm going by tomorrow to take one for a spin and see what I think...

moccasin
moccasin's picture

Let us know what you think!! :-)

retrodog
retrodog's picture

Let us know what you think!! :-)

It was very nice. I got to go on a more extensive ride this time, by myself. Handling was good as was ride quality. After further prodding by myself about the year, it was disclosed that they are indeed 07 bikes. So we re-negiated the price. Now I'm trying to make my mind up.

retrodog
retrodog's picture

Well I guess I thought about it enough... I just talked to the sales guy and looks like I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

Mik
Mik's picture

After further prodding by myself about the year, it was disclosed that they are indeed 07 bikes. So we re-negiated the price. Now I'm trying to make my mind up.

I still do not get it, all this talk about 07 and 08 models...

Do you really believe there is an 08 model?

Other than that it has the latest software version and maybe a new VIN plate?

It would be very strange to spend one more dollar than necessary in the circumstances that Vectrix Corp. is in (negative cash flow) except for keeping the registration as a manufacturer.

They had (I believe) thousands of already manufactured batteries and contracts for the manufacture of more batteries just a few months back.

The batteries are all going to be 07 0r 06 models I think, and the battery is what counts. It ages a little whilst standing around.

If you want to know when your battery cells were made: Each one has a label on it.

The serial number on the labels has this structure: C3008YYMMDDxxxxxx

I think it means:
C3008 = Capacity 30Ah model 8??
061222 = 2006-12-22 = date of manufacture
0000125 = Number 125 made that day.

There is also a single label on each block of cells, I think it gets put on when the cells are combined into a block.

So this can be verified by having a look under the hood! No electronics need to be disconnected except for the battery fan connector, but you can kill yourself by touching / shorting the battery through your body. Butyou can see some labels without getting near the contacts.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

moccasin
moccasin's picture

"...The batteries are all going to be 07 0r 06 models I think, and the battery is what counts...."

Maybe where you are from, but in the United States, year model means everything! Street resale values are based on year model designations, not when the bikes were actually made or assembled, or when their parts came off a shelf. Although there are no "book values" for used Vectrix bikes as I know of yet, it wouldn't matter because if you were trying to sell a used bike, the first thing the buyer is going to ask is what year model it is, not how old the batteries are, and they will assess your asking price by comparing it to the price of a new model and then depreciating that according to your YEAR MODEL and total miles.

Currently, in Alabama, it's even MORE important than just resale value, as our State currently will not accept a 2007 VIN number for registration. As it stands now (me on an unregistered bike), I would have been better off paying a couple hundred more for a bike with an 08 VIN plate. Vectrix Corp is working very hard to try to resolve this issue for me, and I highly commend them for their efforts. But the bottom line here is, a newer model is worth more to the buyer, although it isn't worth a penny more in true useful value.

Mik
Mik's picture

I never thought of selling it again, except as parts if it has become unrepairable.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage