Vectrix Motor Connections

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
electa52
Vectrix Motor Connections

Does anyone know what the sensor connections are on the Vectrix motor?

I am assuming that the blue, yellow and green wires are for the Hall Effect's. And the red and brown are for the 5V supply. But theres another 5 black wires, and another black and white.

Anyone played around with it?

We have the motor assembly and were trying to get it running, but we can't seem to get the Hall effects to fire up (theyre not powering at all it seems)

I am assuming that some of the wires are for speed sensoring over the encoder? But i don't really know what theyre all for and I'm either missing something, or the encoder circuit is buggered anyway.

We're a bit lost now, and can't seem to find any tech info specifically on the motor connector. Vectrix like to keep there confidential designs truly confidential.

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Vectrix Motor Connections

I don't know if they use hall sensors.

Someone posted a few days ago that the motor is of a design that has been used for years. I believe that is incorrect, the motor is innovative in some way. (Unless I was misinformed by the technician)

I assume the scooter was in working order before you started to have a look?

The Encoder Sensor needs to be adjusted using software and special tools.

Do not move or remove parts or all of the Encoder Sensor.

I believe you would need special tools to re-install the Encoder and it's parts in exactly the right position.
It might be possible to make your own template tools whilst the sensor is still in it's original, working order.

Maybe the special tools are not essential, depending on your skills etc.

There is potential to get yourself into trouble by fiddling with it.

Could you please post some photos to help figure it all out?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

eyeinthesky
eyeinthesky's picture

If the encoder has been tampered with in particular disconnected
The scooter will become inoperable, you will need the software program to reset it.
happy hunting!

Mik
Mik's picture

If the encoder has been tampered with in particular disconnected
The scooter will become inoperable, you will need the software program to reset it.
happy hunting!

I know it needs to be programmed, but how do you know if it needs to be re-programmed or not when it was removed and re-installed in exactly the same position?

I am wondering about this because the programming in the Encoder of my Vectux survived two main fuse failures as well as two episodes of several weeks with removed motor controller board. It ran exactly as before without any software adjustments whatsoever.

If the Encoder programming is volatile, then it does not depend on battery or motor controller capacitors to keep it going.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage