I'm looking for a small portable scooter to upgrade

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
swbluto
I'm looking for a small portable scooter to upgrade

Hello. I'm looking for a scooter to use in Seattle that'll allow me to take it on the bus with me with minimal inconvenience. It'll basically be an "urban device" so lightness, compactness and carry-ability is prized. It's going to rain frequently, so I'll mod the electronics accordingly but it also needs pneumatic tires(Also, for shock absorption) and some kind of drive system that isn't scared of a little water(I.e., no Roth 2000xr motorboard, sadly enough.). Any ideas? I originally posted this topic at the ES http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6577&start=0 and they helped me so much in finding possible options. However, it seems many of the great options(Ok, nearly all) had stopped manufacturing at least 2 years ago and they are subsequently impossible to find. Anyways, I'll be upgrading using a 4000-6000 watt Outrunner motor and an 85+ amp ESC(controller). I'm currently leaning towards the Bladez lite or elite 250 as it seems like it isn't impossibly rare to obtain and they seem to be higher quality than the Wal-mart scooters(Drum brakes as opposed to band!), but the manufacturer discontinued that a couple of years as well and confesses that the replacement parts being sold are the last ones... so... would getting replacements parts that I'll eventually need through continuous use be a problem? I'll treat the scooter nicely, if that helps. And, as far as chains, I *think* I can create custom chains if needed but I don't know about belts. The tires seem easy to find along with intertubes given they're 8x2's.

criteria-
-Foldable such that the smallest dimension, not including the handlebars, is less than 13".
-Less than 35 lbs. without batteries(and if the motor is honkin' heavy, like more than 5 lbs, than less than 30 lbs w/o motor.)
-Carrying capacity of 200 lbs. or more.
-Enough room to install a 1000-2000 continuous watt high-enough torque motor *easily* enough(Meaning, doesn't require welding or skilled mods), that possibly being an outrunner.(Top speed of ~15 mph OK, as long as it can climb 7% hills at >9 mph.)
-Must be able to have pneumatic tires installed, even if it means replacing the rim(assuming it can).
-Less than $300, or $550 with suspension. If it already comes with the high-powered motor and batteries to satisfy desired future performance specs, then I could go higher.
-The frame, rims, wheels, and belt/chain are durable. Motor and batteries are not of a concern as those are going to be replaced.
-Durable brakes: "Band brakes" aren't ideal. I'm heavy, I'll be riding in wet weather and I'll be going kind of fast and band brakes, quite frankly, suck with those combined factors.

Preference given to "higher quality"/"lower maintenance", and "lower maintenance" also includes being able to easily find replacement parts that are likely to be eventually replaced. By that, I mean a 1 hour internet search should be the hardest it gets to find a replacement part.

Possible Candidates:

-HCF-701
-HCF-705(Only one I could find of the two. The seller was asking $600, before shipping, haha.)
-X-treme 140(Has a suggested max weight limit of 200, though an independent reviewer suggests a max rider weight of 120. Also, it has plastic rims with hard wheels?)
-Wahlinger/Whalinger FX1(Questionable weight limit); Also... "friction brakes"? Sounds like band-brakes to me.
-Xootr EX3 - Does it satisfy the motor upgradability criterion though? And, does it have pneumatics or could it be changed with relative ease to pneumatic?
-Rad2Go ZZ cruiser(No flat tires, though.)
-Bladez lite or elite 250.

I'm looking for a "really" small scooter

swbluto
Re: I'm looking for a small portable scooter to upgrade

And, yes, I'll be using High-C lithium. I'm aware of how heavy Lead acid batteries are.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage