Advice/Comments on a Tres Terra Europa

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
64ragtop
Advice/Comments on a Tres Terra Europa

I read the comments here: http://visforvoltage.org/forum/2372-thinking-about-buying-tres-terra

But wondered if anyone has comments on USED Europas. One for sale locally for $400.00 that claims to have 5,600 commuting miles, at 18 miles a day. Seller says the battery is tired, but still makes his commute. I would very much value personal experience comments, but appreciate any and all advice.

ATB

BC

Tres Terra Europa bike

Tres Terra Europa bike

Tres Terra Europa bike

Tres Terra Europa bike

Tres Terra Europa bike

Tres Terra Europa bike

Tres Terra Europa bike

davew
davew's picture
Re: Advice/Comments on a Tres Terra Europa

I don't know anything about Tres Terra in particular, but I do know something about batteries. I would find out how much a replacement battery costs and have the seller deduct that amount from the price of the bike. Either that or have current owner replace the batteries and pay him the $400. The battery pack is usually a healthy fraction of the cost of the bike. It is very hard to determine the health of the pack without some range tests which might be an acceptable alternative if you have the time and the owner is willing. In my experience old packs tend to lose capacity rather rapidly once it starts.

When I sold my Emax scooter the guy was trying to talk me down an additional $200. I said, "I'll give you that $200 or I'll warranty the batteries for a year." He took the warranty. Smart man. I replaced them 6 months later when they were down to 10 miles range.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage