Relocating the controller and plastic baggy-o-wires

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
benmart
Relocating the controller and plastic baggy-o-wires

In prep for winter rains, I relocated the controller and pathetic bag-o-wires from under the seat barrel. I cut a hole with a jig saw after using a hot solder iron to melt starting holes.
Picture_010.jpg

Then it's just a matter of putting the controller and wires into the small compartment of the under-seat boot. I screwed the controller to the underside of the small compartment door after i removed the pesky lock that doesn't function well anyhow. I sealed the bottom hole using the small plastic part that was cut out, along with waterproof tape and silicon around the wires.

Picture_013.jpg

If anyone wants more detailed info, just let me know. I haven't had any problem with the controller getting hot in it's new home as the small hole from the removed lock lets air in from the vents under the seat.

Having the controller in this location will allow me to keep an eye on it's temp and the wires I had trouble with back in August. Nothing worse than wet wires and a short on the way home at night.

Happy scooting. Adjust those brakes and wear a good DOT approved helmet with a snug chin-strap.

ttunes
Re: Relocating the controller and plastic baggy-o-wires

neat idea.
Would the controller fit in the small compartment with the clutsy lock? It looks like in your first picture that it would fit.
I like your idea but not too keen on giving up the storage space under the seat. Giving up the pee wee area in the seat area is not a problem -- I never use it becasue my fingers get tired of pulling pushing and prodding the dumb lid open.

benmart

Thom,

Yes, it does fit into the small compartment with the clutsy lock. I solved the problem of storage/hauling by getting saddle-bags for my scoot. All my groceries fit in the saddle-bags, the back bin and on the floorboard. I store my reusable shopping bags, rain suit and tire pump in the saddle-bags as well. I also bought a neat scooter cover to keep her dry while I'm inside the office.

Good luck on the modification if you go that way.

Ben - Modesto

hi-tech_mod-monkey
hi-tech_mod-monkey's picture

Ben,

Where did you get your saddle-bags from? I've been looking around online but haven't found any that don't have a strap that goes over the seat from one side of the bike to the other. How did you mount yours? Did you have to drill holes and mount a mounting bracket?
benmart's ride, with the saddle-bags

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Norberto
  • sarim
  • Edd
  • OlaOst
  • Iber

Support V is for Voltage