Dead Battery

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
DaleH
Dead Battery

I have been trying to understand some of the information about the battery, but I'm afraid I'm lost. Could you please tell me what exactly happens when the battery runs down completely? Thank you!Dale

DaleH
Re: Dead Battery

Sorry - my question was about a Vectrix - what happens if it goes completely dead?

Anderson

I think what most probably happened is you ran the battery down when it wasn't sufficiently equalized and the cell or cells with the lowest voltage went below 1 volt or even into the minus thereafter each charge - drain cycle caused more damage until the effected cells are now dead. Its like Christmas tree lights when one go out they all go out so you need to replace the bad cell or cells.

undead

I was informed by Vectrix UK when equipring about the replacement cost of batteries out of warranty, that individual cells are replaceable. I was asking as if a dead cell happens a few months after the warranty expires, it seems a bit silly to pay out £3,500+ (current est price) for an entire new battery.

I would still need them / someone electrically minded to do the work as I dont do high voltage electrics ;)

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage