Calling all 700 Li owners/mechanics

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
RANDEL24
Calling all 700 Li owners/mechanics

Hey guys, how are your 700's holding up? My front bodywork rattles bad! I am going to have to take it apart and beef up everything and see what I can do to fix the front fork clunking. I am trying to make the best of it, I am hoping the drivetrain and electrics hold up. I am definately not rough on this bike!

RANDEL24
Re: Calling all 700 Li owners/mechanics

Does anyone know what company makes the 700 li for ex-treme / Alpha products? Is it Mountain chen? Randel-Hanford Ca.

RANDEL24

oh yeah! hey ttunes, benmart ,jamess. Randel

benmart

My 700 is holding up fine since it's not been running for a month pending a hub motor from Extreme. The first time I removed the front cowling there were bolts loose, nuts missing , etc. Junk and poor quality control. I expect the bolts are inferior pot metal that would never be allowed on vehicles produced here or Europe.

Ben - Modesto

rossasaurus
rossasaurus's picture
Re: 700 not his baby.

Hi Randel,
Mtn. Chen told me that the XB-700 is not his baby. Don'y know whose it is.

Ross

RANDEL24
Re: 700 not his baby.

Thanks Ross! Does anybody actually know who manufactures the 700 Li? Randel Hanford Ca.

ascouserinnewyork
Re: 700 Alarm issues

Thought I may as well post this here, as it is in relation to issues.

Parked my 700 today and applied the steering lock - as usual - found the ignition key would not turn all the way to the steering lock position (stopping half-way). After disengaging and re-engaging the ignition key to the steering lock positon a few times, it eventually locked. Out came the battery - which went onto charge in the home - and asleep I went.

When I can to get the bike back to action - after about it being parked for 10 hours - installed the battery, turned on the bike and the alarm (but with a constant tone) kicked in. I unplugged/replugged in the battery a few times until it eventually stopped and I was able to ride away.

Now the indicators would not work. Left/right, no go. Then, randomnly, the alarm (constant tone) would kick in unless I locked the indicator into, either, left or right. I was actually getting a little afraid of keeping the indicator into a locked positon as it seemed that power was still being sent to the indicator and I did not want it to become damaged.

Any clues to those who have owned this transportation device and are more knowledgable than I?

RANDEL24

ascouserinnewyork, Sorry I cant help you here as I am stil learning about my 700. Have you any progress? Randel Hanford Ca.

UniProX

I have had much problems With the alarm too As mine goes off all night long periodically Really I think this Bike was assembled by a 2nd grader that didnt know when tight is tight ..... striped screws broken plastic housings Seriously I'm sending it Back. Came missing the main bolt unit that holds the handle bars on Ect. Ect. Ect. And I can go on and on of the Damaged/Disfunctional parts, pieces.

benmart

Uniprox,

I see that you read my post about the Iowa Attorney General being of help to me in dealing with my lemon 700Li. I suggest that you contact them and provide specific dates, etc. concerning your problems with this product. I can assist you if you need guidance.

Ben - Modesto

UniProX

Thank you ben will let you know.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage