XB500 How to Remove Plastic Panels

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
richardb
richardb's picture
XB500 How to Remove Plastic Panels

I'm looking for help.
I'm sure there are XB500 owners out there who have removed the front plastic panel from the bike. (not the one that contains the running light, but the one surrounding the front fork) Can anyone tell me how to get the bottom part of this panel loose for removal, or at least to drop it down for easy access to the 30 amp fuse and the wiring from the motor to the controller? I'm unable to detach it from the panels that go along the outside of the battery box. I would like to re-wire my bike with heavier wire from the battery to the controller, and from the controller to the motor windings. Removing this panel would certainly simplify access to all that wiring.

captainslug
captainslug's picture
Re: XB500 How to Remove Plastic Panels

The exploded diagram shows it as a single piece.
http://www.x-tremescooters.com/electric_bicycles/xb500/XB-500_explode_diagram.pdf

Which would imply that it's only meant to come off after the front wheel. If that's the case I would consider trimming it and then add tabs to it that would allow you to remove it more easily..

richardb
richardb's picture
Re: XB500 How to Remove Plastic Panels

Yes, I did notice that it's a single piece, and may require removing the front wheel to get it completely off. I really don't care if I get it all the way off the bike. I just want to pull it far enough forward to access the wiring that runs from the under-seat area to the front area where the controller is located. I can't seem to get it loose from the silver panels that cover the outside area of the battery carriage. I've removed every screw that could possibly hold it in place, and that part won't budge. I think there must be some type of hooks molded into it that are hidden by the other panels.

Dickey_b
Waste Not, Want Not

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage