eGo belt adjustment

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
babo
eGo belt adjustment

Hi,

I was changing the tires for the first time and needed to set back the belt as I installed back the rear wheel. I managed to align the wheel, belt etc but 1 thing kind of worries me.
The one which worries me is the belt position on the drive-pulley, the inside one which transfer the motor power to the secondary belt which turns the real wheel.
Whatever I do the belt doesn't ride on its very center but to one side of it, the inside, towards the center of the bike. As the pulley has the "sides, fence" for the belt not to fall off the belt is basically touching them. The belt is not moving anywhere, it is riding on the center of the pulley on the real wheel, it is not heating up (from imagined friction between the belt and the drive-pulley), the pulley is not heating up so I guess I managed to fit it well. The manual doesn't pay attention to the position of the belt on that smaller pulley so I assume it is not so important...or am I wrong?
Any experience with the belt settings and how important it is for it not to touch the sides?

Thanks!

Babo

Aerowhatt
Aerowhatt's picture
Re: eGo belt adjustment

It's normal for the belt to ride to one side of that front pulley. So don't worry about it! All that is important is the alignment at the rear tire. Also critical is the overall tension of the belt. You definately don't want it too tight. From what you wrote it sounds like you go it right.

Aerowhatt

babo
Re: eGo belt adjustment

Excellent!!! Thanks you VERY much. Now I can be more calm when riding :)

Babo

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage